Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

In July, I had a mini physical because my PSA had gone up a little when checked in January. Well it went from 4.2 to 7.4 in July so my doctor made an appointment for me to see a urologist. Last Wednesday they took 12 biopsies of the ole prostate to see what was going on. Gave me a nice "huggy" to wear (just in case). Made me look very "macho" from the front but a bit "tushy" from the rear. The good news is that the biopsies were negative! I guess I dodged a bullet, but considering all the prayers being said on my behalf, I'm sure there was Divine intervention as well. Of course I couldn't ride for the rest of the week, couldn't lift anything heavy or take any long trips. I did ride a little Sunday afternoon and again Monday and am starting to get my strength back from the doctor's visit. Hopefully, it will be a long time before my PSA changes again, but I feel that isn't the luck I will be having.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
imported post

Bernie, I had almost the same experience twice. The biopsies were real low on my favorite things list, but thankfully were all negative. Great to hear your good news!

mike

·
Premium Member
12,853 Posts
imported post

ITs good to hear your results are negative . That should provide some relief once the pain is gone . Prayers that the PSA # stay low in subsiquent testing .

·
Premium Member
20,619 Posts
imported post

Bernie, That is great news!!!! :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

I am so happy for you and am glad you had some "divine intervention!" ;)

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Yeah that's a worry for a male, they say if you live long enough you will get prostate cancer. I just hope mine was going to happen when I was 125.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
imported post

Glad to hear about the negative results Bernie, had my biopsy Aug 5th, same thing as yours, 12 samples, waited a week, did some praying, thank God for a Negative result like yours, I take a Men's daily health pill, just basically a multi-vitamin with lycopne, it claims it's good for prostate health, I figure it couldn't hurt.

·
Premium Member
67,320 Posts
imported post

Been there done that.. Not at all fun.. My urologist said he loves us bikers and bicyclist they keep him in business.. He said long and frequent rides can be a cause of a SLIGHT jump in PSA..
You guys got off easy with 12, try 20 hits...

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Man, you would think they could find better ways to determine this stuff.

Now you still have to find out why you were elevated.

Sorry to hear about the concern and hassle to get to this point.

Hope all goes well for you.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,505 Posts
imported post

I going to have a custom motorcycle seat made, it will have a special slot cut in just the right place. :D

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I can see it now, custom motorcycle seats will be made with ever larger holes for those who feel the need to brag about what they don't have. Eventually the big liars will be riding on the bare frame to get room for the subject of their obsession.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
imported post

Thanks everyone! I ordered a special bicycle seat from Canada that eliminated the problem with the bicycle. Now I need to find a "special" seat for the motorcycle!

Bernie

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
I can see it now, custom motorcycle seats will be made with ever larger holes for those who feel the need to brag about what they don't have. Eventually the big liars will be riding on the bare frame to get room for the subject of their obsession.
:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Glad to hear your news Bernie. Good news is GREAT!:clapper:

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
imported post

Really good to hear that you are doing well Bernie. Unfortunately cancer seems to run in my family so I do understand the scare. Great news for you.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
imported post

GREAT NEWS!! GLAD TO HEAR IT!!

Will you be doing alot of this :bowing::bowing::bowing::bowing:, when you feel 100%?

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
imported post

Hoodad, I have been doing a lot of that already!

Bernie

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Great news, great news...... you still have to get out here, yet..... where I can hide your keys!

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.