Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I noticed at times when I applied the brakes the lights would dim. Sometimes they would almost shut off like I turned the key or something. I remember from my old cars and so forth to start at the battery and move back from there. Last night I pulled the battery. It was replaced a year ago and appeared good. I looked at the cable ends and the terminals and they were all clean. I took out my trusty Gerber pocket knife and scraped the terminals and the cable ends. On my way home the lights never dimmed one bit. Even at an idle and everything on including the four ways and the brake, zip, nada, nothing. The lights never dimmed or anything. And I have a 'FEW" extra lights. Cost me about twenty minutes.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
imported post

Thats good. My electrical problem was the plug for the ECM. Last year I had a problem of no lights to the dash and would not start. Long story short I pulled the ECM plug to check it like the book said. My probes for the meter did not fit in to the plug so I used 2 paper clips. Apparently the paper clips were to big and spread the plug contacts which gave me an intermitting start problem, and a week to find it and fix it.:applause:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.