Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I've had Progressive insurance since the late 60's. I've always had good service from them and decent prices. The one time I switched to someone cheaper, they sent me a notice a month later saying they made a mistake and jacked me up to almost twice the Progressive price.

I'm paying $265 a year for stated value coverage on the 1996 Aspencade sidecar bike. That was with a $500 deductible. 15/50/100

The Nighthawk has only liability which costs me another $75.

I called yesterday to add the '85 Aspencade. Today I picked up my insurance cards and a bill for $44! Though great, $44 a year for liability insurance wasn't even the surprise. The surprise was that I no longer have a deductible. It seems they have one of those diminishing deductible programs that Nationwide advertises. I've reached the zero part!:jumper:

Of course, if I sell the Nighthawk, the Goldwing moves up into the $75 slot. I asked her what my next bike will cost me, but she says they will all be $44 from here on out.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Those nice surprises are always welcome.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Can I get you to insure my bikes down there, how does $1500.00 for my 96 SE & 84 Shadow 750 sound :?

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

96aspencade wrote:
Can I get you to insure my bikes down there, how does $1500.00 for my 96 SE & 84 Shadow 750 sound :?
I know I have it pretty good. I have a friend in Thunder Bay who pays an outrageous amount as well.

I know we have cheap rates, even compared to other parts of this country. When I bought this house, I moved about 30 miles east. Before I was right on the Wisconsin/Minnesota border, but still in Wisconsin. My insurance dropped by 25%. The agent said it was because I was less likely to be driving in the No Fault Insurance state of Minnesota than before. Add to that my age, 60, married 35 years, and the fact that I've been with the same company for 40 years.

It's funny how many people around here still complain that it costs too much.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

After over 35 years with GEICO I got teed off when they raised my rate so I shifted to Progressive (hate that name) and got the same coverage for my house, three cars and a bike for less than 2/3s of what I had been paying that Gecko.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.