Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

i hag to replace fork oil and the fellow that did it had to change sping back setting from (one) up to setting (two) so the old fluid would drain. well he left the setting one (two) and now my bike is setting an inch higher and feels like i am on a stranger. please advise. :?:?:?

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

with new oil-- yes it will feel differnt. sounds like it had very very dirty oil in the forks. the rebound settings are simple to change. a small screw driver , flat bladed , is all that is used. but put each leg the same setting.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

IT WAS THE ORIGINAL, FAR AS I KNOW. WHEN I CHANGE THE SETTING BACK TO ONE, WILL THIS LOWER THE BIKE BACK TO ORIGINAL? EVEN THE OIL LEVEL WINDOW SHOWS IT LEANING BACK NOW. I AM JUST LEARNING TO REPAIR HONDA. I FEEL LIKE I HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE TO GET SOLID INFO FROM SOLID PEOPLE. I WILL POST A PHOTO OF MY BEAST. IT IS THE SAME RED AS YOUR 1100

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

If the old fork oil was in there for years, the front end will have gradually sat lower and lower. You just got used to it like that, and you should get used to the new feeling after a while.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

CALL ME A FUDDY DUDDY, BUT IT IS GOOD TO HAVE A HAND FROM A FELLOW IRISHMAN. THREE GENERATIONS AGO, MY GRT, GRT, GRANDPA CAME TO AMERICA AND MARRIED A CHEROKEE INDIAN. YOU GET MY POINT. POST ME A PHOTO OF THE COUNTRYSIDE ,IF POSSIBLE. :smiler:

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

MADDAVE48 wrote:
IT WAS THE ORIGINAL, FAR AS I KNOW. WHEN I CHANGE THE SETTING BACK TO ONE, WILL THIS LOWER THE BIKE BACK TO ORIGINAL?
no it wont. these are settings for rebound control .

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I HAVE BEEN LOOKING IN A PARTIAL MANUAL. MAKES ME FEEL DAH! I UNDESTAND NOW HOW THE TRAC FORKS WORK. SOMEONE SUGGESTED TO INVERT THE SPRINGS, AND AFTER READING , I THINK I CAN HANDLE IT. I AM BLESSED TO HAVE THIS TRIBE BEHIND ME.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

MADDAVE48 wrote:
I HAVE BEEN LOOKING IN A PARTIAL MANUAL. MAKES ME FEEL DAH! I UNDESTAND NOW HOW THE TRAC FORKS WORK. SOMEONE SUGGESTED TO INVERT THE SPRINGS, AND AFTER READING , I THINK I CAN HANDLE IT. I AM BLESSED TO HAVE THIS TRIBE BEHIND ME.
Reversing/inverting the springs will not change the ride height and more or cleaner oil will not either. I'm puzzled by the height difference unless the slider bushings were so dry that they were sticking.

BTW: Please don't post in all upper case as it makes it hard to read and is considered shouting to get attention on most forums.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.