Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I usually ride with a full helmet and have a good headset for this helmet. I almost always ride two up with the wife - but the other day I rode solo and for something different I used my half helmet. It was a real hot spring day and I couldn't believe how nice it was to have the shorty helmet on. I told the wife about it and she too wants to try her shorty helmet - the problem then arises - no intercom/headsets. I have searched the Internet and have not been able to find any (sierra electronic - had some but when I ordered the lady told me that they had an over 50% failure rate and would not sell them until they got it fixed) I tried ED SETs, Chatterbox etc

Question : could I make my own? Has anybody tried this?

Thanks for any help

Mike

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

I'm using my old style K&M with the big mic with mine and it's Ok.

The mic is kind of at the side of my mouth instead of in front of it but it works fine.

The hard part was compressing the crush foam above the ear enough to get the speakers so that they were not sticking below the helmet edge.

Affects the audio because there is lousy coupling to your ear but you can still hear speech and cb fine. Awfully tinny for music but I use external speakers for that anyway so I'm good to go.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

IMC and Sierra are the same. IMC is out of Canada and referred me to Sierra - who then told me about the high failure rate and would not sell them to me until it was rectified.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.