Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

With the recent events with my daughter, (It was 2hrs before they could reach me) My daughters boyfriend set me up aAT&T Go Phone :cool: . (He really is a good kid but don't tell him I said that). I ended up with his old samsung sync and he was telling me about it and showing me how to work it and such and my daughter mentioned it had bluetooth so I could get a head set and answer the phone while I was on the bike.

I know they make helmets with the headset built in but that is out of the question untill funds get much much better. Does anyone know if they make a inexpensive headset that will work with a half helmet and the wind noise not overpower the mic? Iunderstand I wouldlikely have to talk louder but with the windshield I thought it might work. :baffled:

I don't see me getting a headset anytime soon but figured it would make for a good conversation and I need the distraction from worrying about her surgery tomarrow :(..

Thanks for humoring me.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

I'm not real sure how all that stuff works. I'm not the type to worry about the phone while I'm riding. I can always stop in order to use the phone. But I did save this site that someone posted before. I don't know if it would apply to what you want, but maybe it can give you an idea,,,,,,, or even call them for ideas :baffled:

Connect your cellular cell phone to your aviation or motorcycle headset and ai

Scroll down and click for the Motorcycle products.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
imported post

I wear a half helmet and this is the bluetooth I use. It is a motorola S9 and it works well while on the Wing. It is a stereo set so it also plays the music from my phone.
It is a bit expensive but there are lesser expensive stereo bluetooth sets out there.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

One of the guys I ride with is a techno-geek like me, and he uses one of these:

Jawbone Bluetooth Headset

He really likes it because he can be riding down the road with it, and anybody he calls has no idea.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

You want something with good noise-cancelling. The Jawbone is supposed to be the best for that, but it is also pricey. I have one and like it pretty well. You can get one on eBay for around $60-65 or retail for $100+. There are others that are supposed to have decent noise cancelling that are a little cheaper. You will also want something that the ear piece fits in-ear, otherwise you will probably have trouble hearing it.

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.