Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Halfling's Birthday Party!!! I will be 5 times 12 years old (yes 60) on 12/12/12 and you are invited to the party!!!

I figured no one is going to throw me a party for this monumental event so I'm going to do it myself! This is a middle of the week (Wednesday), evening type of thing so I don't expect a huge turnout but I wanted to make sure that my friends here on the forum had an official invite and time enough to plan if they want to make it.

When: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 (12/12/12)

Where
: Nobody's Sports Grille & BBQ, 116 John Rice Blvd, Murfreesboro, TN 37129 (behind the Shell gas station) What happens here is Nobody's business!�

Time
: Between 7:00 PM and ........... Of course you can come early and stay as long as you want!

Gifts:
Not required but graciously accepted! Maybe I should post a wish list!?!?!?

Food: You can place orders for food anytime you feel works for you. There will not be any specific sit down meal schedule but "Happy Birthday" will be sung by all those present! Find someone to visit with and share a table! I suspect Kat/Dave will have at least one "special" for us and there will certainly be a cake large enough for everyone!!Their prices are pretty reasonable and their portions are a good size! I recommend you come hungry! (I like the pulled pork sandwich, chicken wings, ribs and bar-b-q burger)

Guest Book: Please BE SURE to sign the guest book when you arrive as I want to be able to send out thank you cards!!!

Who's Coming!?!?! I'll need to know who is planning on comingso that we can plan accordingly. Please use this thread to let me know if you are coming and how many are in your group.

I'll bump this every so often so that you won't miss it!

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

lets see........ 12 x 5.......

60ish? Something tells me this could be worth the trip. I will see you just before and just after that date, but I suspect nothing will replace seeing you actually turn 60.........

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
Sure wish I could be there.
Not only will you turn 60:shock:, but the world is to end 12-21-2012:cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not only will you turn 60:shock:, but the world is to end 12-21-2012:cheeky1::cheeky1:
I wish you could too big guy! I'd like to see as many of my friends that I can before the end so I figured 12/12/12 would be just about perfect timing for a last hurrah!!!
:thumbsup::D

·
Just one of the guys
4,832 Posts
Kind of a long ways to go considering I get off work at 4:30 in the afternoon that day and have to be back at 8 the next morning.

I guess I will have to attend in spirit.

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kind of a long ways to go considering I get off work at 4:30 in the afternoon that day and have to be back at 8 the next morning.
I guess I will have to attend in spirit.
So Doug, are you saying that we're not good enough friends for you to take a few days off and fly down to TN for my birthday party?

:sobbing::ShakeHead:

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think it may be a good time for a "bump" on this thread. I realize that it's probably a long shot but it would be awesome to have someone from the forum show up for this. So far, it's looking like mostly family and friends from the immediate area.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
I think it may be a good time for a "bump" on this thread. I realize that it's probably a long shot but it would be awesome to have someone from the forum show up for this. So far, it's looking like mostly family and friends from the immediate area.

:cheers:
You never know with this globetrotter..... Schedule is out on the 17th.....:waving:

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
How is the weather around there that time of year?
I figure my all season rear should be fine, do I need chains or studs for the front tire though? LOL

Actually I think wife starts her vacation right about 12th sometime and off till about Jan 2nd so have to see how that works as well as the weather.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
Little more than two weeks away. Double checked my work schedule again just to make sure, and no luck. I hope you have a great party.:band:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Sorry but my RSVP has to say "no, I sadly can't attend" but I wish you a great and special day on the 12/12.
:claps::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
I'm still waiting to see what the weathers gonna look like!

·
Premium Member
5,408 Posts
Almost hardly worth going back home after eh? :ROFL:
All the best John.

·
Premium Member
5,408 Posts
Almost hardly worth going back home after eh? :ROFL:
All the best John.

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It was just pointed out to me that 12/12/12 will be the last repetitive date we will ever see!!! You'll have to wait around until 01/01/3001 to see another one!!! I guess that's all the more reason for a party!!!

:readit: :raspberry:

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
OK, according to the forcast, there shouldn't been any snow or real nasty weather. With that said, I'm going to put my name in as, I'll be there. Leaving for Rhode Island tomorrow, but will be back by Monday. Hope the weather holds out.

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK, according to the forcast, there shouldn't been any snow or real nasty weather. With that said, I'm going to put my name in as, I'll be there. Leaving for Rhode Island tomorrow, but will be back by Monday. Hope the weather holds out.
Wow! Are you serious Jim? That would be awesome! If you are indeed making the trip I'll PM you with my cell number so you can keep in touch on your trip or if you need specific directions when you get into town. (PM Sent)

:shock: :applause:

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Due to one of our lines of work I am constantly watching the weather this time of year. Since yesterday, there have been 4 totally different report for this area using the same weather source that I have for years........

Now they are calling for rain next Wed and Thurs here, freezing at night.

Was thinking I could jump on 81 south as Luddy was driving by and ride out there with him.......... But I don't know......

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Would love to have you John (and Becca too)! Don't rule out taking the cage if you have too...just saying (and hoping)!!!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.