Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Anyone know for sure what the size is for the hand grips on a 87 Aspencade? Either gotta be 7/8 or a full 1", and I think maybe 150mm?

Thanks in advance:waving:

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
imported post

JoeD wrote:
Anyone know for sure what the size is for the hand grips on a 87 Aspencade? Either gotta be 7/8 or a full 1", and I think maybe 150mm?

Thanks in advance:waving:
On the 1200 Aspencade I had they were 7/8" and 6" long not sure if that was 150mm or 160mm. And the one for the throttle side is larger, don't ask me how I know :?...Gary

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
imported post

Mr.1200 wrote:
Hi Joe.I just put a set of Kuryakyn ISO grips on my 87 this morning.. The bars are 1 inch.
Mr 1200 you made me wonder, so I went to the shop where I have 3 sets of used hand grips from a 1200 Goldwing, they measured 7/8" ID for left grip and 1 1/8" ID for the throttle grip, they are for 7/8" handle bars.........Gary

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

And now I am really confused. Looks like the only thing to do is to take off the old grips and measure each one !:(

So, if they are different sizes for left and right, do the makers of hand grips sell the pair appropriately sized? That is, does the left come 7/8 and the right at 1 1/8th?

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
imported post

JoeD wrote:
And now I am really confused. Looks like the only thing to do is to take off the old grips and measure each one !:(

So, if they are different sizes for left and right, do the makers of hand grips sell the pair appropriately sized? That is, does the left come 7/8 and the right at 1 1/8th?
Not to worry they come that way from the dealer. I did one time get a new pair and took the right one out of the package first and yep took the old left grip off first. I thought they sent me the wrong size. I was mad for a few minutes until I noticed the other one in the package was smaller, then I felt like a dummy :grinner:.......Gary

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

Howdy Mr1200, as usual, great to hear from you. Well. I pulled off the old ones, measured them and found the left side is 7/8's and the right side is 1" even. The newest dealer in Cinci said he has had this dispute on sizes before (the parts guru worked for another dealer for years), and to trust him, 7/8 would work. Hard to trust a Honda dealer, but ifigured what the heck, and lo and behold, he was right.

And now, I have nice new grips! :clapper:

Thanks all for your assistance and input:waving:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.