Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
27,894 Posts
imported post

Not too hard really. You have to remove the instrument cover, depending on the year there are differences. 01-05 there are screws under the speaker covers, 06-08 you just grab the panel on both sides of the ignition switch and pull up then disconnect the wiring, which can be a pain. Then unbolt the instrument panel and lift it up and hold it with a bungee cord to the windshield. There are 2 screws holding the fork cover on, you probably won't be able to re-install it but I like the idea of being able to get to the fork caps without removing anything. The hard part comes in figuring out how to position the risers for the rise and setback you want.

·
Administrator
27,894 Posts
imported post

The more costly ones, Kuryakyn has 5 positions, back and in, back and up, in and down, down and back, up back and in, something like that. The simple cheap ones are only up and back I think, which is what most people want anyway.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

i have been a Kuryakin fan for a long time now - evry piece of chrome has been perfect & most of their stuff is very well built - everything i have added to the bike has been Kury - guess i'll pay the price & stay with them - only thing not Kury is the belly pan - founda panwith airluvers in stainless - tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.