Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi Gang.

I want to know what the purpose of the handle bar weights? Do they really do anything? My bike is missing the left side weight, so I need to know if I have to replace it?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Handle bar weights :baffled:New to me. I see you have an 1800. How about a picture.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

They are supposed to cut down/eliminate any vibration transmitted through the handlebars.

Dusty

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
imported post

Popular on V-twins and harleys.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
imported post

If you go to an aftermarket grip like the Kury Iso, it is larger in diameter and has no provision for the weight. Never really noticed the vibration. Had weights on my Silverwing and had to change the grips. The small diameter grips were causing hand pain. Went to the larger grips, no noticible change in vibration and no pain:)

·
Old School Guru
7,889 Posts
imported post

I just replaced the stock grips and dampners with ISO grips, seems fine without them.:)

Gene:waving:

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Thanks for the inputs. I will look to replace the missing weight.

Thanks again..I will post a pic of my Wing soon.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

SpiderBob wrote:
Handle bar weights :baffled:New to me. I see you have an 1800. How about a picture.
I tried to upload pics of my wing but it came up with an error. Does anyone know how to remedy this? I will get the error message later..need to run.

Thanks.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,783 Posts
imported post

...use a program to shrink the size of the image down to 640x480 or less.

IrFanView is a great one to use. http://www.irfanview.com

Uploading the image to your Members Gallery is easy. Then all you do is to click on the picture in the gallery, that will bring it up full size for you. Then right click and choose "copy image location"

Then in your post, click on the little icon that is white with 3 dots (upper right side of the edit window). That will open up a little window asking for the link address. Either do a Control-V or right click/paste.

The image will immediately appear in the edit window.
:cooler:

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
imported post

lost mine when i put iso grips on, iso grips are heavier so guess they even out

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

Lil Pete wrote:
SpiderBob wrote:
Here they are on my '80. Originally they were not chromed. The concept has been around for a while.
:waving:Someone added those as the GL1100's didn't come from the factory with handle bar weights.

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
imported post

83GoldWinger wrote:
Lil Pete wrote:
SpiderBob wrote:
Here they are on my '80. Originally they were not chromed. The concept has been around for a while.
:waving:Someone added those as the GL1100's didn't come from the factory with handle bar weights.

:waving:No.... the '80-'81 models did come with them..... I know, both bikeshave beenour's since new. We had them chromed as oppossed to the original black finish.

Note the cropped picture of an original '80 before the weights were chromed.

The '82-'83 did not have them and the two group years had different sized grips as well.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.