Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I know most of you have probably never dinked with the stock bars on your wings, but I'm curious if anyone has actually made any changes, i.e. replace,modify, to their stockers.

Call me crazy, but I kinda' dig the old originals on the '75,'76's (lower profile):cooler:

Doug77
77 GL1000 semi naked

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

In the early 80's I heard of a few people who added "setbacks" to move the bars back a couple of inches. I haven't heard of anyone replacing the bars.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
imported post

You can buy handlebar risers for Wings up to the gl1200. I think Add-On did them.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
imported post

Why would you want to? I love the way they sit as is....and as a big guy myself, they feel mighty comfortable.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

I was one of those guys who messed with changing bars, back in the 80s!

If you do change, choose carefully, I went from the stock bars on my k2 1000 to swept back high ones a bit on the lines of the 1500. They were great overall, but I got ones that turned back in towards me a bit more than I liked, best bet would be to try some bikes that you see first, ( although I doubt anyone would give you a 1000ml road test!)

Pete

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Eamonn1200 wrote:
You can buy handlebar risers for Wings up to the gl1200. I think Add-On did them.
And they can be bought for the :18red:as well. About $25 approx. :clapper:

:walker::18red::walker:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.