Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My handlebars in relation to the front wheel does not feel right. I have a 2005 abs goldwing and it feels like a bicycle that you fell down with as a kid and the handlebars are not exactly perpendicular with the centerline of the bike when you picked it back up. You would put the front wheel of the bike and turn the handlebars until they were exactly right again. I feel like my left arm is slightly extended more than my right arm, it is driving me crazy. I would like to adjust the left handlbar back slightly. Is there a way to do this?

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
imported post

In stock form they are not adjustable. You can buy "risers" for the 1800 that allow a some adjustment. Mainly they pull the bars back and up about an inch.

Now if you are not the original owner then it could have very well been knocked over hard enough to bend them. Also could be the Previous Owner (PO) may have hogged out the mounting holes to move them around a little and the left side slipped. You will have to pull the plastic cover off the triple tree where the bars mount and see what you find.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

You could try loosening the fork tubes in the triple tree clamps and see if you can wiggle the handlebars a bit to center the wheel in relation to the wheel. You'll need the bike on the centerstand with a jack under the front of the engine holding the front wheel off the ground just a bit. Otherwise the front end might slide down the fork tubes giving instant rake on the bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.