Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all,

One more newbie question - what's the diameter of the handlebars on an 83 Gl1100?

I would like to add helmet locks to the bars...would you recommend a standard lock that clamps on, or one of the pegs that screws into the controls?

Jack

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

7/8" as far as I remember. Most bikes are 3/4" but the 1100 Wing is the thicker ones. I have the screw in ones on my bike. I think they are neater and lets face it, if someone wants to nick your lid they will just cut the strap anyway as none of the helmet locks really provide security.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

FitzAl wrote:
7/8" as far as I remember. Most bikes are 3/4" but the 1100 Wing is the thicker ones. I have the screw in ones on my bike. I think they are neater and lets face it, if someone wants to nick your lid they will just cut the strap anyway as none of the helmet locks really provide security.

How true! Mine isn't so much for security as convenience. That and the helmet locks on my bike are just in front of the saddlebags, and when my XXL helmet is attached it's so so big that it tends to rest against the exhaust...I don't like that. :)

Thanks for the input. I like the idea of the pegs/studs myself, except that if I wanted to lock it I would have to keep track of one more lock and key. :) :D

Jack

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.