Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

These are the illuminated stickers for the 01-03 GL1800's. From 04 the handlebars are backlit.

The EC kitsdo actually work! I was a bit sceptical when Ciaran the wexman handed me the packet, but I fitted them today and turned off the garage lights. The stickers were already glowing from the light they had picked up in the garage and I used the little UV light for about ten seconds on them and they glowed even better. It wasn't easy taking the pictures, had to put the camera on a tripod and pre-focus before killing the lights. The garage was in almost total darkness, only a very dim bit of light coming through the door about 30 feet away.
The two pictures here were taken about 30 minutes after I'd turned off the lights, again I got the settings right in the camera etc. and two hours later they were still glowing well enough to see in the dark. In real-world terms I reckon they would glow for longer, with the lights from the traffic behind you helping to keep the stickers topped up.

[align=center]
[/align]
[align=center]
[/align]

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
imported post

Hey, they look cool. They look like part of the bike. I don't see them on the EC site, anyone know whos selling them at the moment?

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hi all ,I got the last 2 sets from www.hondadirectlineusa.com ,they told me that they are NOT being made anymore because the illumination product that they used was working out far to expensive ,,they were made by a company called electrical connection ,,when I get futher news I will keep you all posted ,,they work out around 40 euro landed at your door ...but as I said they have been discontinued ,,however I am sure that some dealer somewhere has somesittingon a shelf in his storeroom ,,if I come across anymore I will let you know ..cheers Ciaran:waving:

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
imported post

I'm surprised at them being discontinued. I don't believe the stuff being "too expensive" is true as the cost would be just passed on to the mugs-eh customers anyway. Probably some other reason that they don't want to divulge and they just say the parts are too expansive.
Are the sticker waterproof and reasonable hard wearing?

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

I have mine on my bike around 2 months now and I use the bike everyday and so far they are excellent ,,I travel to Dublin from Gorey a few times a week and when I am on the dark country roads at night they are excellent ..no more fumbling at the handlebars trying to find controls ,cheers Ciaran:waving:

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

They look quite good. The text and symbols look perfectly done.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
imported post

I've a set coming from a mate in the UK that is surplus to requirements. I woasn't going to bother but after seeing the pictures here I will be glad to have them.

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

They do looklike a good quality set in the pictures. At first I assumed they were a gimmick, but the pictures convince me. If anyone finds some for sale would they mind letting us know about them please? Thanks.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

GWEddie wrote:
They do looklike a good quality set in the pictures. If anyone finds some for sale would they mind letting us know about them please? Thanks.
Hey GWEddie, :waving:Here is your helping hand again. :clapper:Have a look at this and see what you think. http://www.onlinecycleparts.net/ When the site opens, :)click on "Catalog by Category" then click on 1800, then click on page/number 19, and the fourth item down is what everybody is going crazy about. :whip: There Ph number is 0014017391564

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
Hey GWEddie, :waving:Here is your helping hand again. :clapper:Have a look at this and see what you think. http://www.onlinecycleparts.net/ When the site opens, :)click on "Catalog by Category" then click on 1800, then click on page/number 19, and the fourth item down is what everybody is going crazy about. :whip: There Ph number is 0014017391564

[align=center]I'm not sure if they are the same ones, I think they migt be the Rivco ones instead.

[/align]
[align=center][/align]

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

Well spotted Ben, they are the Rivcos all right. They plug into the wiring and that's probably why they are over $100. The EC ones were a lot cheaper, but everyone is out of stock it seems.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hey redwing ,go back asleep and we will give you a shout when we find the correct ones ,,these ones are 3 times the price ,,these are really difficult to fit and the wiring is really delicate ,,the type that I got for Steve has NO wiring ,,and are around $40..Also have you ever tried ordering anything from this site ?I have twice,,First time it took them 2 weeks to answer my e mail and the second time they never answered at all ,,

the reason I had to email them is because they had no facilities on their site to deal with international orders ,if you dont have a zip code you cannot order online ,,try it and see

I know you stayed up all last night searching for them and thank you ,,but it still wont make you a guru ,,so you may keep begging ,,,:whip::whip: Ciaran

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

They still have them on the website ,but I was told that they have finished making them,,A bit confusing,,

Maybe if REDWING had a word and got them to start making them again he might redeem himself ..

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

To sort out this once and for all ,I have just spoken to electrical connections in the states on the phone and they tell me THEY ARE NOT MAKING THESE ANYMORE ,,they finished making them in the spring of this year and cannot get the material anymore ,,Any that are available now is old stock from dealers ........Now if anybody can find these then you are very lucky .......cheers Ciaran:waving::waving:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey you ungrateful sods, I didn't say these were made by E/C. The things that they were making were only $40 stickers. :whip: Anyone riding an :18red:would not be guilty of putting stickers on her. :crying:These are the real McCoy.

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Stickers or not these things work just as good if not better ,,they work without the iginition on ,,you can find you bike in the dark and they dont take 4 hours to fit and last a life time ,,at only $40 ,it leaves me a lot of money to buy more shiney bits ,,,,ya made a balls of this one REDWING ,,,so stop shoveling you are only digging yourself in deeper ,,:gunhead: A REAL GURU WOULD ADMIT HIS MISTAKE .:waving::waving:..cheers Ciaran

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

I ordered the EC kit and the transaction is confirmed, so they must still be running on existing stock for now.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Was it from EC that you ordered ?if it was ,keep us informed if you get them ,,,,Ciaran

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

GWEddie wrote:
I ordered the EC kit and the transaction is confirmed. :clapper:
Hey wexman, :gunhead: To use your own words:whip: Ya made a balls of this one,:whip: and told all the members that they cant be got. :crying:Now GWEddie will have his :18red:covered in stickers.:weightlifter:Now a realmoderator would admit his mistake. :baffled:

:jumper: :18red: :jumper:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.