Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up an 87 aspencade about 2 months ago and would like to get some taller handlebars. Any options on what would work the best?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that kinda crossed my mind afterwards. It wouldn’t be the end of the world if I had to extend that stuff.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,661 Posts
there are risers made that can change the angle a bit, my '98SE has risers on it when I bought it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I do remember installing aftermarket bars on Goldwings back in the 80s. But I don't remember the difference it made. My 85 has bars that angle back and twist my wrists. I would like to change to bars with a more standard angle.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
230 Posts
AZGL1800, how did they put risers on a GL1500??? I have never seen or heard of that before. I did modify the handlebars on my 92 1500 but never got a chance to try them. I did it during the winter and a month or so later had a fire in my shop and bike got charred quite badly. DARN!!! Have a 99 1500 now and would like to do same thing to this one.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,661 Posts
don't know, the '98 has been gone for many years.

my 1800 has risers, the OP installed 3 or 4 different types, before he found a set that made him happy.
and me happy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts