Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I saw an interesting thing the other day. A GL1000, with side car, had risers (I think that's what you call them) onthe handle bar mounts. I never saw the owner of the bike so I didn't get to ask him or her where they can be purchased.

Anybody know where I could get a set of risers for a 1980 GL 1100?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

longrider wrote:
I saw an interesting thing the other day. A GL1000, with side car, had risers (I think that's what you call them) onthe handle bar mounts. I never saw the owner of the bike so I didn't get to ask him or her where they can be purchased.

Try these:

http://www.naturecoastmotorsports.com/eshopprod_cat_1713-3960_product_163498.4_Pullback_Handlebar_Risers.htm

http://www.sideroadcycles.com/ImportedMotorcycles/Imported.html

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Keep in mind that, depending on how much you raise the bars, you might also have to spring for longer throttle and choke cables,longer brake hose for the front brake, and you might have to lengthen the wires for the controls.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Speaking of handlebars, on my long ride last month I was having problems with my wrist. I don't know why I took so long to realize it but the previous owner had raised the handlebars up about three inches by pivoting them up in the clamps. I lowered them so that the grips are parallel to the top cover when viewed from the side and what a difference! No more wrist problems and I don't feel like I'm leaning forward anymore. Should have thought about it, the previous owner was about the size of Jesse Ventura!

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
imported post

longrider wrote:

longrider not sure If I still have my old one Ill check andsee If I do you have them for the postage it take to ship them to you ther from a 78 GL 1000

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

I met our former Gov. He's a big guy. How did the bike feel to you afer you lowered your handlebars? I would think the changed position would feel strange.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

Wingwarrior,

If you can find them, you got a deal.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

longrider wrote:
I met our former Gov. He's a big guy. How did the bike feel to you afer you lowered your handlebars? I would think the changed position would feel strange.
It did at first, but I find it a lot more comfortable and it feels good in the curves.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

With my handlbars in their current position I experience shoulder and neck pain on long rides so I thought the risers might help. I think I'll try lowering the handlebars a bit while wingwarrior is looking for his old risers. Thanks for the tip.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

It's surprising how different the bike feels with a little change of (handle)bar angle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.