Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just put a set of 2 inch risers on my handlebars on my 82 Intestate and it put a bind on the rubber brake line from the master cylinder.I knew that was not going to work. So I have a 1980 naked wing parts bike.and I used the rear brake hose,has the same banjo fittings on the ends it is just a little long.Nothing a tie wrap won't fix. And my wife says all those parts are junk.I told her that junk is increasing in value faster than my 401K

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
imported post

I put some risers on my 1100 and the brake line was tight also but I was abel to loosen the bolts at the brake lever on the handle bar and move it back about a 1/2 inch to get some slack in the line.

·
Village Whack Job...
7,907 Posts
imported post

Good tip on using the rear line. I'll have to remember that one. What about the cables though? Did they tighten up on ya?

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
imported post

jbhigg wrote:
I just put a set of 2 inch risers on my handlebars on my 82 Intestate and it put a bind on the rubber brake line from the master cylinder.I knew that was not going to work. So I have a 1980 naked wing parts bike.and I used the rear brake hose,has the same banjo fittings on the ends it is just a little long.Nothing a tie wrap won't fix. And my wife says all those parts are junk.I told her that junk is increasing in value faster than my 401K
:dude:Boy ain't that the truth! But tell me, what made you decide to mount the risers? Did it help alleviate a fatigue issue {like in your arms or shoulders}? What was your goal for doing it?

Steve:action:

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
imported post

I put a set of one inch pullback risers, and they are great. keeps me from leaning forward so much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.