Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi,
At the moment I can't get near my bike as it is in a workshop having the carbs done,I saw a pair of grips on ebay,can somebody tell me what size handlebars are on a 1982 GL1100 Aspencade,is it 7/8 or 1" (22mm or 25mm) Thanks Guys.

·
Administrator
26,187 Posts
imported post

All Goldwings are 7/8" diameter and 6" long.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
imported post

An 1100 owner will bealong but the 1200's have 1" bars for sure.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

If you read this, you'll see that all stockGoldwing handlebars, are the same diameter,(7/8") from the 75 GL 1000, right up to the 08 GL1800.

Dusty

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

the bars on my 83 are 7/8`s .

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
imported post

Ok, so I must have an odd-ball that I bought brand new out of the showroom in February 1988 with.9 miles on it. My 1200 has 1" bars.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
imported post

P Yanney wrote:
Ok, so I must have an odd-ball that I bought brand new out of the showroom in February 1988 with.9 miles on it. My 1200 has 1" bars.
pull the grips off they are 7\8 on the end of the bars.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
imported post

You guys are right, I forgot about the ends being 7/8", it's been a long time ago. That's what I get for working on 2 bikes at the same time. I just replaced the bars on my 750 and they are 7/8 all the way around. I hope I don't have any 750 parts on my Goldwing. Senior moment here. I'm going to see if I can figure out how to tie my shoes now. 7/8" it is. Paul

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
imported post

P Yanney wrote:
You guys are right, I forgot about the ends being 7/8", it's been a long time ago. That's what I get for working on 2 bikes at the same time. I just replaced the bars on my 750 and they are 7/8 all the way around. I hope I don't have any 750 parts on my Goldwing. Senior moment here. I'm going to see if I can figure out how to tie my shoes now. 7/8" it is. Paul
I have the velcro straps on my shoes.....:hovering:

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

the 1200 are 7/8"

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

If you do get the 1" grips, they'll slide on real easy

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Thanks for the info guys,I bought the grips,the left grip is 7/8" & the right one is 1"

·
Village Whack Job...
7,907 Posts
imported post

The right grip will be 1" to allow for the throttle sleave. For a true one inch handle bar the right grip will have a 1 1/8" opening.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.