Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got sena 20s head sets, so far I can initiate and answer manually, but havent been able to via voice command.The instructions mentions android version >8.0 , mine is 7.1.
Maybe I'm just not moving my mouth right?

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Sounds like unless you update to ver 8.0 compatible , your best bet is to velcro that phone onto the centershelter just below the "badge" and lean forward and YELL for your "voice command" issues while riding, , , , , ,might work

I HAVE seen a few riders YELLING their heads off, , nobody will notice:ROFL:

·
103 Posts
Just got sena 20s head sets, so far I can initiate and answer manually, but havent been able to via voice command.The instructions mentions android version >8.0 , mine is 7.1.

Not sure if this will help :

Voice Command Procedure:

There are (3)three ways to enter the voice command mode.

1. The simplest way is to tap once on the Ambient Mode Button. Or

2. Another way is to double tap the surface of the 20S Or the helmet surrounding the 20S.
Be careful not to press the Jog Dial during this process.

3. Lastly, you can say, “Hello Sena” during standby mode.

Also :

Handlebar Remote control gives you even more command-and-control flexibility.

Also pdf file of manual below is link

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/B17v0zEwSPS.pdf

Voice commands :

Speak a voice command from the table below: (screen shot)

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
At least on the Sena SMH-10, you can't just say "OK Google" and have the phone respond. It may hear you when seated in the garage which makes you think its working, but out on the road it won't hear you over the wind noise. You have to tap the jog dial on the SMH-10 to activate the Bluetooth audio link, then you can say the command you want.

·
Administrator
25,355 Posts
I have a different headset but the same problem. Answering works great but I can't get it to initiate a call. A long time ago I had a scaler rider Q2 and a flip phone, worked perfect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts