Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I was confronted with the daunting question of whether I should reweld the previously removed frame loops as per the norm, or should I salvage a more interesting shape of joint from the refuse pile. I had old seat loops and old downtube loops. My nature tends to the unusual. Seat loop cut and sanded. Actually parts of the very same frame. Rearset hangars I will add to on the morrow. I ain't a big fan of riding a motorcycle in a dammed fetal position. All the crap started thirty years ago when I saw my first cafe racer. Thank God I'm over middle aged women. Motorcycles still cause me some trouble though.

Women are far more expensive in my own history.
Motorcycles have been my friend.
Women also to an extent. Motorcycles being far less trouble.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

So, tonight I had finished the entire foot peg mounting location for the midsets. I called my neighbor over to look and critique.. He looked at the left side and praised it highly. He walked to the right side and asked what I was gonna do about that kickstart pedal. I hadn't even considered the kickstart pedal. I just stood there uttering cursewords. The kickstart will hit the right foot peg.

The right side midset foot peg is being re-engineered as we speak to be a hinged affair. Lift up to start the bike. I really feel like an idiot.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
imported post

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

It's only funny because I not only have done worse, but probably would have done the same exact thing there. At least you don't have to cut it all out.:action:

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
imported post

Yeah, don't feel bad. Research Chrysler's litle snafu with the gas door on the 96 mini vans.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.