Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Lots to be thankful for every year. This year especially with my successful recovery from my 4th of July cager attack. In a world that seems a bit dreary at times- Ilike to reflect on my year's adventures.

Thought I'd try something different with the results this year.

Every year I put together a picture video of our "best of" pictures, moments, whatever. I send it to family and friends or those I am connected to. This year I'm sharing it online.I invite you all too as well. Many people you may not know - but the riding and scenery you can certainly identify with or appreciate. Lots of motorcycling on both my Indian and my Goldwing is what you'll see here - set to music as well. For many of us looking forward to another riding season I hope it inspires to get those "sleds in the sheds" ready to run - and maybe we'll meet on the road somewhere!

Requires windows media player and plays off of my web site. Pretty large file - 50+megs. About a 15 minute video in .wmv format - if you want to check it out.

Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas to to everyone.

http://www.ndnrdr.com/images/2008YearInReview/2008YearInReviewR3Final.wmv[/b]

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Excellent, excellent. Wish I could come close to doing that. Just seeing those pictures makes one feel at ease.

Have a Happy New Year.

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

Blackdog, thanks for sharing, you did an excellent job putting that together. I just got my wing this fall so I am looking forward to making some memories like those this spring and summer and in the years ahead, Merry Christmas and may the Lord bless you and yours with many happy & safe miles in the future.

Ritchie & Lyn

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
imported post

More, more... Amazing photos and music. Dude, your talented!

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

English Bob wrote:
Sorry to see you lost a couple of friends over the year.
Thanks English Bob. Lost 3 this year and got to visit the resting place of a fourth from a couple of years ago. All 4 are given a nod in the video.

This is why it is so important to me to live life to the fullest - I do that a lot through motorcycling. Said it before and will say it forever... I'm in no hurry because selfishly I want to keep on enjoying life (making the subject of these videos if you will) - BUT if my maker chose to call me home today - I can go truly appreciative of having lived for... since my mid-life changes - which heavily involve motorcycling - I enjoy life to the fullest. There is simply no better way for me to commune with my god, creation- or others IMO.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
imported post

Blackdog....Merry Christmas to you and all of your family...4th cager attack?? Dude, your luck really does need to change.. You are overdue..

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
imported post

Blackdog, Really enjoyed the pics. Have fond memories of many of the places you showed. We owned and operated a Rental Horse Stables out of Zaca Lake, just next to Figueroa, in the late 70's & early 80's. Love the country there.

Thanks for sharing.

PT

·
Premium Member
55,725 Posts
imported post

Great pictures.. Californians got to be hard to beat for riding and beauty......

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

chesterwgunn wrote:
Blackdog....Merry Christmas to you and all of your family...4th cager attack?? Dude, your luck really does need to change.. You are overdue..
Oh my gosh no. The four guys mentioned were all seasoned riders and did not die from cager attacks. 3 hearts attacks and one fast acting cancer. Bad luck in they were all taken too soon - most just reached 50's - they had a lot of riding left in them. I miss them all. But have fond memories - and now in video - pictures. :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

Thanks for sharing wonderful moments with family and friends traveling this beautiful country! Just Awesome!

Bernie

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
imported post

Great display.... and what a year! I'm also looking forward to next years riding and travel adventures.:action:
Winter is here in So. Cal. Do you have electric gear for the commute? Less the rain, I have been quite comfy with the new heated vest. Still looking for those few 37 degree mornings like we had a few of last year. Then us californians will winterize our bikes........ until the rain stops!!! Sorry....... had to say it. Being a former New Yorker... I feel the pain of those who have real winters.:snowman:

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and Happty New Year.

·
Administrator
20,568 Posts
imported post

Very nice Blackdog! I enjoyed that very much! Happy Holidays to your family as well!!

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Thanks Everyone for your kind comments - makes it kind of fun to do. Hopefully I'll get to meet up with some more wingriders and see if I can get them in the next one!!! :cool:

:18black:

:15red:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.