Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just want to wisheveryone a very Happy Saint Patrick's Day where ever you are, many thanks to all of you who helped me in the past year.

Thanks to Steve and all his merry men for keeping us all on the straight and narrow and keeping this Forum a happy place to visit.

Thanks Colm

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
imported post

Hey Wingle !!!

A very Happy Saint Paddys day to yourself !!
You'll have to forgive my late response as my head is just starting to clear since I drowned the shamrock last night .

Eric

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

I hope everyone hada great day yesterday (and today!)

Here was my traditional "Irish-American" Feast last night...

So Today I'll look for some "Burgers and Chips" and :blackstuff:...

And then tonight for supper maybe som "Bangers and Mashed" and :blackstuff::blackstuff:

Couldn't find any Smithwick's locally :?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I haven't had a Smith'icks in years, last time was about 5 years ago in Bray in Co Wicklow.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

Only ever had it in Ireland - Cork and Galway. It was our favorite while visiting and seemed quite popular there as well - in addition to the Guiness of course..:blackstuff:

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

It is available here in Canada, I believe it is made under licence by Labatts. Just looking on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smithwicks it appears to be available in the US too!

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

Wingle wrote:
It is available here in Canada, I believe it is made under licence by Labatts. Just looking on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smithwicks it appears to be available in the US too!
Wow - that is cool. Didn't know a lot of that like..

" It is Ireland’s oldest operating brewery, founded by John Smithwick in 1710 on land owned by the Duke of Ormonde."

Or that it was owned by Guness starting in 1965.

[suP][/suP]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.