Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
I have those ones, bought many years ago from Cummins Tools (back when there was a Cummins Tools). Long before this recall, but I still don't trust them, never did.

·
Administrator
26,155 Posts
I have those ones, bought many years ago from Cummins Tools (back when there was a Cummins Tools). Long before this recall, but I still don't trust them, never did.
I got a set of the same ones from Cummins so long ago I can't remember, have used them a lot.

Reactions: tamathumper

·
Premium Member
3,702 Posts
Why failed I wonder?

I'll almost bet complaints lead to a redesign making them easier to "unset", maybe a revised contour of the pawl? I know mine have to have room for the blacked multi toothed part to rise a bit before I can "unset" them. If there's a load on them, not gonna "unset" them.

Anyways, I checked my two … 69597 … I'm good. Have had them 10 or so years at least.

I have an older pair of black ones that look the same, "Craftsman", they came with a 3 ton jack deal in the 1990s. I saw this, thought maybe they "folded up" … but I see that's "not" the case.

It's not that they look the same, it reads like a pawl issue not so visible. Just certain numbers. Maybe made in Wuhan?

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
just saw this mine are from Walmart Black Jack 3 ton from Wal Mart same date span and they look identicle???

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Third time is the charm?
Harbor Freight just sent this out.

"A few months ago, we recalled our Pittsburgh 3 ton and 6 ton steel jack stands (SKUs 56371, 61196 and 61197) due to a manufacturer's defect. We asked customers to return them and receive a gift card that could be used to purchase replacement jack stands. I felt terrible about that recall because you should never have a concern about the safety of any of our products.

Today, I feel even worse. I'm disappointed and embarrassed because we've identified a welding defect in a small number of the Pittsburgh 3 ton steel jack stands (SKU 56373) that replaced the recalled jack stands. We're now adding these jack stands to our recall. Unfortunately, this defect wasn't discovered during the initial recall investigation. If you own these jack stands or any of the jack stands in our original recall, whether or not you have had an issue with them, please stop using them immediately and bring them back to your local Harbor Freight Store for a full cash refund or store credit."

·
Premium Member
3,702 Posts
Thank You! Now I need to check 4x3ton stands … and 2x6ton stands. But, it's good!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts