Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a coupon flyer in the mail last week, for the hobo freight steel 1500 pound lift. On sale for $69.99 with the coupon.

I got mine!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Our flyer had them for $59.
Anyone have one of those little Chicago Electric 90 amp wire welders? Are they worth buying? for light duty applications. they have them for $99 here with 1 15% coupon above and beyond that..

T

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Anyone have one of those little Chicago Electric 90 amp wire welders? Are they worth buying? for light duty applications. they have them for $99 here with 1 15% coupon above and beyond that..

T
I bought one of the welders about a year ago and got it with a coupon for $89 and change. I use it pretty regularly and haven't had any problems (knock on wood). You can't use it for long periods without stopping but for me it is perfectly fine. It's not meant for building ships or anything but for stuff around the shop, it works great. I think if you watch for the super coupons, you can still get it for $89.99.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
I also had one for awhile. It worked but they do have a low duty cycle so as already said watch out for heating.

·
Administrator
27,929 Posts
You might could add a cooling fan to that welder and help the heating problem.

I picked up one of those jacks yesterday, needed a second one. Works fine except if you try to let it down slow it is jerky and if you push the release all the way it goes too fast for my liking. The craftsman I have goes down nice and smooth and you can regulate the speed.

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
There are 3 jacks in my shop. One is a Craftsman, not sure what the second is, and my BIL has an HF. I don't use the HF unless I have to because of the letdown speed. The other 2 work better for me.

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
I have 2 craftman lifts and 1 HB lift.. As stated before the craftsman lets the bike down at a steady speed, so I use those for Da Boss's bike and SNOWBALL.. The hb lift I use for lil digger's bike, since his is a lot lighter. Not sure if I would trust the hb lift on the wing or Da Boss's bike for regular use..:waving:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
The HF jack has a trick, to lower the bike slowly you have to push the pedal all the way down. If you aren't sure put a load on the jack and try it, just step down firmly on the pedal and see. Someone here enlightened me after I'd cussed that jack for two years. I ended up selling my Sears jack when I moved and kept the HF one. The pump on the Sears one failed, leaking fluid out twice. I've never touched the HF one in the 10+ years I've been using it. When I had my shop in Tacoma I used both jacks for shifing bikes around, pulling and replacing engines and various other uses. My HF jack has lifted and moved every model of Goldwing and several other kinds of motorcycle with never a problem. I don't use it on my SW because of the plastic on the bottom of the scooter. I still have the jack, somewhat loathe to part with it in case I should find a good deal around here on a naked GW in good shape.

·
Administrator
27,929 Posts
I remembered reading that about pushing the pedal all the way down to make it lower slower, doesn't work on mine. I just used it today to do some service on my 1800 and it seems to lift and hold it just as well as the craftsman. Just make sure everything is ready and let 'er go when lowering it. I have a 1000 with no front wheel on my other jack is why I went ahead and bought the HF one.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I checked the HF jack out and it seemed wobbly to me. After seeing the J&S in action, I am saving to buy a solid American made jack. I know they are $359.00, but safety is always first with me and my bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.