Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Looking for the cheapie HF tire tool. Can't find one. ??? Is it not available or what?

·
Premium Member
304 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks! That isn't the one I'm looking for. Some of the guys here have one. I think CousinJack has one. For removing and mounting both, cost around $80 $90.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
imported post

I'd like one as well. According to HF they no longer carry them.

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,706 Posts
imported post

I basically, do #3 .... the "manual" method, except I do it on top of a 15 gallon grease drum that I've had forever.

I made my bead breaker adjustable by using a clinch hook on one end and setting it to a different link in a chain bolted to a 4" steel basement column. It works for MC, car, even truck tuires to like change stems or add beads, etc. It's very adjustable and if doing a car or truck tire, I sometimes slip another piece of pipe in place.

I balance the MC tires between two saw horses.

:)

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Yes, Dusty that is the one I was looking for. Well I'm not going to pay $500 for a changer so I guess it's a hand job for me. Looks easy enough. any one ever mounted a car tire on their bike by hand?

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Yup ... Rudy and I have changed a couple of them together by hand. One at the Kettle Creek campground, at the ES7 gathering and another at his place.

No different that a MC tire:baffling: .... maybe a little easier due to the more flexible/softer side wall construction of the CT...and maybe a little more air pressure needed to seat the beads.

Have 3 good tire irons and rim protectors, a big C clamp, a rubber mallet, along with some lube on hand.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
imported post

Hello I tried the tire changer from Harbor Frieght and I returned it I went to Tractor Supply and bought it for $54.99 Laurin Manuel tire changer it works great see if you can find one from Tractor Supply

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
imported post

Will a motorcycle wheel fit on this changer?

I have been looking for one to use on M/C tires as well as garden tractor wheels/tires.

Thought about making one if I can't find something I like.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
imported post

Says so in the description.

"Larin Manual Tire Changer mounts and demounts a full range of tires from 8in to Light Truck. Changes tires on motorcycles which have a center hole of larger than 1-5/8 in. or a removable center hub."

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

Retired Guy wrote:
Says so in the description.

"Changes tires on motorcycles which have a center hole of larger than 1-5/8 in. or a removable center hub."
That's the kicker, our Goldwing wheels only have a 3/4 in. centre hole.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
imported post

Well, that kills that idea. Oh well, was a good try.
:thumbsdown:

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Ya .... that which you linked to isthe 'basic' tire changer for cars/light trucks. You also need the motorcycle wheel attachment, that sits on top of that and then clamps onto your rim. That's the part that is very hard to find, now that HF/PA quite carrying them.

This is the motorcycle wheel adapter, that fits on top of the tire chager you linked to.

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
imported post

According to the specs, it has to fit through a 1 5/8" hole in the center of the wheel. That lets out both my bikes - including the Goldwing.

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

jjs01201 wrote:
Hello I tried the tire changer from Harbor Frieght and I returned it I went to Tractor Supply and bought it for $54.99 Laurin Manuel tire changer it works great see if you can find one from Tractor Supply
:?Did you use it to change a motorcycle tire?

Edit: I ended up buying a set of tire tools and used my bench vise to break the bead. The vise worked like a charm.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
imported post

No I have to say I did not see it change a motorcycle tire I thought it had the ability to do it cause it seemed to function so well sorry to all

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.