Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have checked constantly online and the trailer I want is ALWAYS on backorder. Its the standard one that all the bike guys buy, you know the one, 8" tires, for putting a cartop carrier on. Is this an online backorder?? Do the stores themselves stock this thing?? Do I have to call stores till I find one?? Is Haulmaster on permanent vacation?? Did everyone working there quit??

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

purchase it online through the website maybe its available that way

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

What about the one with the 12" tires? Lot of us use that one instead...

·
Administrator
26,169 Posts
imported post

I had the same problem, always out of stock so I just waited and finally did get one, with the 12" tires though. They usually go on sale during the winter and you can always find a 20% off coupon.

·
everyday member
514 Posts
imported post

I'm not sure about the online ordering but I was able to stop into a store in Green Bay, Wi and they had 5 in stock. On sale for $179 and I had a 20% off coupon. I like the little trailer a lot. I had a car top carrier for years that fit on pretty good. Just towed it 400 miles and didn't even know it was back there. Being in the great north I'm not sure if a store is an option for you.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

justayooper wrote:
I'm not sure about the online ordering but I was able to stop into a store in Green Bay, Wi and they had 5 in stock. On sale for $179 and I had a 20% off coupon. I like the little trailer a lot. I had a car top carrier for years that fit on pretty good. Just towed it 400 miles and didn't even know it was back there. Being in the great north I'm not sure if a store is an option for you.
We dont have that store here in Canada, but I am close to NY (2hrs away) or Michigan (4hrs away). Guess Ill just pick up the phone and call the stores, see if I get lucky that way.

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

That's the one I bought and it was right through the store, they carry it in stock.

What you want to do is take it home, wait a day or two, and then take the tires back and tell them you want to exchange them for 12 inch tires.

I've built two of them, one I sold to pay for the one I kept. Local store was easy to work with.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

There are 2 HF in the Niagara Falls/Buffalo area. I got mine at the one closer to Niagara Falls, as that store had it in stock. Cost me $142, with the 20% off coupon. Guess I should get going on that project. Johnboy was kind enough to give me a car top cargoe carrier that he found somewhere.. Not sure if I'll go with that, or make my own box. :?

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Dusty Boots wrote:
There are 2 HF in the Niagara Falls/Buffalo area. I got mine at the one closer to Niagara Falls, as that store had it in stock. Cost me $142, with the 20% off coupon. Guess I should get going on that project. Johnboy was kind enough to give me a car top cargoe carrier that he found somewhere.. Not sure if I'll go with that, or make my own box. :?
Richard rwg....that would not be cost effective in my case. Would be cheaper to buy the 12" trailer or buy 2 12" tires while im there.

Dusty, nice to see you again. Are you home now?? Just a question on the trailer since you have one. How does one plate this thing. As a homebuilt trailer?? Serial number??

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

me read are you kidding?

·
Registered
313 Posts
imported post

Bill, I bought my trailer used from TodHPA. He kindly brought it to Goldwings4ever's home in Niagara Falls using his plate. I had gone to the MTO and picked up a home built plate.I have been running this way for a couple of years.They never asked any questions about serial numbers. There are serial #'s on the trailer tonque but it is a major hassle and expense if MTO lets you use the serial number. There are too many questions importing trailers. Just stick on a home built plate and peel off the serial # or don't, I haven't bothered yet.

John

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

I got my barely used HF trailer from a little resale clothing shop where my wife
volunteered. They had one someone donated. Paid a grand sum of 45.00 for it

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Nope .... still on the road. :action:

As John mentioned, they do come with #s, but mostly that's for their US customers. I'd go with the 'home built, option. ;)'

Dusty

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.