Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
imported post

I'm sure some of them lurk here too, vice versa.
If they like what they ride, then great. I have had HD's, suzukis, Kawis, and Honda's.

I was out of the game for for about 7 years before I bought my Aspencade, I didn't intend to buy a wing, but the deal was just too good. ($2700 for an '85 with 42,000 miles AND a recently installed stator) But now, there is no way I'd buy another bike for a main rider without bags and a trunk! I test rode the 1800, and all I can say is WOW...I hope to treat myself toa newerbike in 2011 whenI turn 50. All can say is the BMW LT and Ultra glide are going to have to impress the hell out of me to keep me from getting a 1800.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
imported post

Interesting reading. Kinda sounds like some of "us" talking about Harley's!:D

If I could afford more than one bike, I would probably have one just for the heck of it. I like the Electra Glide, in fact I like it quite well. I have ridden it and it is just fine. But I LOVE my GW!:action:

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
imported post

I'm flat out amazed at the cliquish stile of motorcycle riders. Goldwingers putting Harleys down, Harley riders putting Goldwings down, everyone putting zoomsplats down. I don't know man. Seems like all that stuff should have ended back in junior high. Whatever bike you are riding, it is what it is. You are what you are. What you ride isn't going to change that. Git on er and enjoy.

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
imported post

For me its a goldwing,I could care less what others ride.Taken many trips and so far no problems with bike,gas n go....A 4,000 mile trip on a harley...hmmm ...no

10 miles across town on a harley...sure

·
Itinerant Wing Preacher
875 Posts
imported post

Too quiet.
If you put one of those ride bells on one, all the neighborhood kids chase it, thinking it's the ice-cream truck.

That one did elicit a chuckle. Jay

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
imported post

"And I hear they'll be water cooled."

:shock::D:shock::D:shock::D:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
imported post

I'm a member of that forum.Believe it or not there is a few of us on that forum that ride GOLDWINGS to.I don't post much on that forum can't get away from this one long enough.I have to say this has to be the best forum on the web.IMHO.

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
imported post

Jealousy is an ugly thing:action:

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

Do ya gotta have a HD T shirt ta join R do day checkU at da door fur tatoooooos:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Real hard core interneters on that site :action:I'll bet all their PCmouses got fleas day so bad ars :dude:

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
imported post

bbach wrote:
I'm flat out amazed at the cliquish stile of motorcycle riders. Goldwingers putting Harleys down, Harley riders putting Goldwings down, everyone putting zoomsplats down. I don't know man. Seems like all that stuff should have ended back in junior high. Whatever bike you are riding, it is what it is. You are what you are. What you ride isn't going to change that. Git on er and enjoy.
I totally agree bbach, and just like tdbieber, I'd probably own a Harley if I could afford two bikes. It's the same brand bashing as Ford, Chevy, and Dodge. As far as I'm concerned, it's just a matter of personal preference. Heck, I've even seen a certain poster over on NAGF bashing 1800's.

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
imported post

The only 2 things I hate are people that are intolerant of other peoples interests.... and Harley riders.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

I created an account and have the S.C. member name

I’m going to wait a day or two and see if there are any side effects that came with the registration before I post anything:(

Me and my FOIL hat

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

Big Port Jimmy 6 wrote:
Too quiet.
If you put one of those ride bells on one, all the neighborhood kids chase it, thinking it's the ice-cream truck.

That one did elicit a chuckle. Jay
and this one...

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadBobOk[/b]
I always hate it when those Goldwings suck my saddle bags off going over those high Rocky Mountain passes.

And when you catch up to them in a restaurant parking lot while they are rubbing down their bikes you can ask them what they saw going over the mountains and I'll bet they can't tell you cause they were going too damn fast to see anything except the road in front of them.

:cheeky1:

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

I think they use gyro's or something to keep them from falling over.:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

The difference between Harley riders and Goldwing drivers:

Harley riders:
"Live to ride. Ride to Live."
Goldwing drivers:
"Eat to ride. Ride to eat

Harley riders:
"Loud pipes save lives."
Goldwing drivers:
"Honey, will you turn down the radio?"

Harley riders:
Black leather jacket and chaps
Goldwing drivers:
Red snowmobile suit

Harley riders:
Black leather vest with chain closure and skull and lightning bolt on the back
Goldwing drivers:
Gray twill vest with trading pins and GoldWing Road Riders Association chapter patch on the back

Harley riders:
Meets other riders at "The Dam Ice House"
Goldwing drivers:
Meets other riders at Denny'

Harley riders:
Biker Mama on the back.
Goldwing drivers:
HER Mama on the back.

Harley riders:
Cross city ride ends at topless bar.
Goldwing drivers:
Cross country ride ends at Dairy Queen.

Harley riders:
National riders group meeting called "Hog Rally".
Goldwing drivers:
International group affair called "Wing Ding".

Harley riders:
Riding in groups of two.
Goldwing drivers:
Riding in groups of twenty.

Harley riders:
Ape hanger bars and (proctologists dream) splinter seats.
Goldwing drivers:
Big wide seats for big wide butts.

Harley riders:
Rolling thunder.
Goldwing drivers:
BarcoLounger with wheels

Harley riders:
Dew rags covering up steel plate in the head from riding without a helmet. But looking COOL.
Goldwing drivers:
Helmet with headset and microphones, covered in reflective patches

Harley riders:
"This beer is flat, let's trash the place."
Goldwing drivers:
"This cappuccino is cold. Let's only tip 10%."

:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

I think the discussions about weight are interesting.

From Honda:

Curb Weight 895 - 928 pounds, depending on option packages selected (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride.)

From Harley Davidson:

Dry Weight 852.0 lbs.
Running Order 889.0 lbs.

Not sure a person could tell the difference. I am the same way as Geezer and TD, I really like the Ultra Classic, and I'd have one if I could afford two bikes.

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
imported post

Wolfman wrote:
The difference between Harley riders and Goldwing drivers:

Harley riders:
"Live to ride. Ride to Live." with a support van if over 300 miles
Goldwing drivers:
"Eat to ride. Ride to eat well.....yeah?

Harley riders:
"Loud pipes save lives." Really? define "save", please.
Goldwing drivers:
"Honey, will you turn down the radio?"Oh Oh, she actually wants to talk again...

Harley riders:
Black leather jacket and chaps must be a cultural thing
Goldwing drivers:
Red snowmobile suit Oh...so NOT TRUE!!:cool:

Harley riders:
Black leather vest with chain closure and skull and lightning bolt on the back
Goldwing drivers: what? there's just no accounting for taste
Gray twill vest with trading pins and GoldWing Road Riders Association chapter patch on the back well...twill, yes...sometimes...CHICK MAGNET!! HELLO!!

Harley riders:
Meets other riders at "The Dam Ice House" Where? You gotta be kiddin' me
Goldwing drivers:
Meets other riders at Denny'Really? Why am I always the last to know?

Harley riders:
Biker Mama on the back. Ya, but who's "Mama" today?
Goldwing drivers:
HER Mama on the back.Ummm...perhaps...if she has a headache or sumpin'...her Mama's good people, dude! Lives to RIDE, y'see...

Harley riders:
Cross city ride ends at topless bar. Also known as "T-T" rides. (Tavern to Tavern)
Goldwing drivers:
Cross country ride ends at Dairy Queen.Hobie? dammit!Ahhhh...when yer good, yer gets watched...

Harley riders:
National riders group meeting called "Hog Rally". PP? Tell me, how do you feel about this, Lad?
Goldwing drivers:
International group affair called "Wing Ding".Aye! And a good time was had by all!!
Harley riders:
Riding in groups of two. No friends, excessive B.O.
Goldwing drivers:
Riding in groups of twenty.Lots 'o friends, relatives, & food/refreshments in the tupperware!!!

Harley riders:
Ape hanger bars and (proctologists dream) splinter seats. Ya, don't think I'll ever get THAT one?
Goldwing drivers:
Big wide seats for big wide butts.There y'go...300 miles before breakfast!!!

Harley riders:
Rolling thunder. That one either...
Goldwing drivers:
BarcoLounger with wheelsWhat else is there?

Harley riders:
Dew rags covering up steel plate in the head from riding without a helmet. But looking COOL. Cool...right...:cool:
Goldwing Drivers:
Helmet with headset and microphones, covered in reflective patchesHuh? Where do youse guys ride?

Harley riders:
"This beer is flat, let's trash the place." Smile, yer on Candid Camera...
Goldwing drivers:
"This cappuccino is cold. Let's only tip 10%." ??? Never been served cold cappuccino...gets that way though,if gums flap too long...:cheeky1:
:D

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
imported post

Had a 2003 Anniversary Road King. Great bike, seemed about as heavy as my new Wing. Good riding position. Little too much noise and vibration for me. Bought 2005 BMW R1200RT. Another very good bike, took me 34,000 miles in comfort. Light, agile, quiet. Now I have a new (but 2008) Goldwing. Best bike of all, IMHO. Stable, powerful, quiet, comfortable. Gotta love it.

I just like bikes. YMMV.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.