Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

As I cycle on down the road across the northern US (don’t remember what state) maybe Michigan or Minnesota..one of those states… anyway I see big Harley billboards about every hundred miles or so …drop in for coffee and say Hi it says …me and my Honda… really… I do ... some bikers outside the shop don’t look in my direction..guess they didn't hear me coming ..yea that’s gotta be it I don't make a lotta noise..I go inside… the ones running the shop look like real bikers leather vests ponytails and me an older version of Pewee Herman... heh Partner how yea doing he bellows… great I say .. what are you riding …Honda……. he glances outside… there in all it’s glory a tad dirty and bug splattered though sits my Honda… I keep waiting for the expression to change but the smile just keeps getting bigger ....coffee? that would be nice I say… were yea from …British Columbia Canada as I buy some glasses… the real reason I dropped in…. he says heh yea want to meet a fellow Canadian... well I say .. come out back ..off we go … Heh Earl… he says meet a fellow Canadian from BC …the owner leans and whispers…. Earls been here a week were letting him fix his bike in our shop..it’s a Harley and what a Harley... could have been out of a biker movie… same with Earl …as fate would have it my Bike is visible from the open doors and all the people there look in that direction and smile I’m kinda liking this… I’m headed to BC says Earl ...soon as I get my ride going ..I’m off to Toronto I say ….I smile… got to go.. good luck with the bike eh.. and Thanks for the coffee …..stop by anytime they say smiling …as I drive off I notice the same bikers ..they don’t look up ..don’t think they heard me leaving I think ..dam that was good coffee ...stop by anytime ..Friendly ..Earl seemed kinda nice to ..wonder if he's still there

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

I have had the same experiences, without the accent of course. What do you think Dusty, huh? (eh) translated.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
imported post

Last time I went into a Harley shop . I was told Not asked but told to buy something..Never again...I don't like the way they conduct business...

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
imported post

!st and only time I went to a Harley dealer was in Fla. about 3 years ago. They had some "hot looking" salesgirl who followed me around trying to make me buy something. Couldn't see spending $25 on a shirt, nevermind some of the bike prices. I am not a Harley basher, in fact, I don't care what someone rides, however, I did realize I probably am not a Harley type of biker. I've been riding many years, but I have to admit it's not my type of thing.

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
imported post

well guys, you know what they say! ID RATHER PUSH A HARLEY, THAN RIDE A HONDA! AND OR ID RATHER SEE MY SISTER IN A ***** HOUSE, THAN MY BROTHER ON A HONDA!!!! so earl was very happy watching you RIDE away, as he was still WORKING on his harley! lol.......to each his own! keep on winginit rick

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
imported post

Just wonder how the Harley rider that pulls up in fornt of the Honda shop is greeted, Is he wlecomed with a cup of coffee and introduced to a fellow rider? Did the GoldWing riders out front say Hello? Just sayin........
Yes, I ride one of each and us GW riders are just as clickish as they are.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
imported post

calrippem wrote:
Just wonder how the Harley rider that pulls up in fornt of the Honda shop is greeted, Is he wlecomed with a cup of coffee and introduced to a fellow rider? Did the GoldWing riders out front say Hello? Just sayin........
Yes, I ride one of each and us GW riders are just as clickish as they are.
He might test a GW for the heck of it and before you know it he is on here....

·
Senior Mem & Story Teller
3,498 Posts
imported post

We went into the Harley dealership in Evansville, IN. The guy trying to sell me a fancy tractor powered dresser was pretty good at it. At least until I asked him if I had my choice of 21 year old well built blondes that come with the bike. When he got done laughing I told him I thought I would stick with my smooth and quiet Wing. Besides my bride of 47 years said there was not enough room for her and the blonde.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
imported post

Whole other experiance for me. The guys at Republic HD in Stafford TX swarmed my 82' Interstate. Turns out, a lot of them owned one in that past and are looking to buy another. They even went and got the owner who gave me his card "just in case you ever want to sell it."

My bike does have a lot of HD parts that where fabbed to fit so maybe that had

something to do with it.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
imported post

I haven't ridden my Wing to a Harley shop but I think it's really more of a personal thing than a brand thing for most. I've ridden with HDs, Suzukis, various crotch rockets and we're basically sold on one thing... riding motorcycles. We check out each others' rides and then hit the road.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.