Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I saw a posting a couple of days ago from a fellow in Wisconsin who had some qualms about getting involved in Harley rides or going to their meets. The biggest problem have with my buddies who ride Harleys in them trying to convince me to give up on my Hondas after 43 years.

Otherwise, I figure that we all have the same love of the road...hell, it's just above freezing now; I'm off this week, and the old 75 Honda 750 gets it's workout today.

If a few guys out there who have mid sixty Honda 90 parts would contact me by PM, I might be saying at this tme next year "the old Honda 90 gets it's workout today"!

Anyway, flash back to May 1970 and see how many of you guys can guess whatI was riding that day...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
imported post

Early twin cyl scrambler, looks too small for a 175. 125/150 ??? :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
imported post

Is it the 160?
In High school I had the street version and my buddy had the scrambler. We had a blast on those things rode all over.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

That is a 160 CL scrambler, my first bike...... and I loved the tires right off it!

Took a tour on it once (!) from Lake Forest Park (Seattle) all theway up to Mission City, B.C. -- where I attended a rock festival in the rain. Took one sleeping bag, one hunk of Visqueen plastic, and one beautiful U.W. co-ed, a homecoming princess from 1968!

Gad, but I had fun on that ride! I was really living and too young and dumb to know it!

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Cousin Jack:

You lost that one...125 Scrambler...$500 new on April 25, 1970...great little bike.

Dean

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

dean wrote:
Cousin Jack:

You lost that one...125 Scrambler...$500 new on April 25, 1970...great little bike.

Dean
Durn it! Was sure it was the 160....looked almost identical, I guess......

they were sweet little riders, weren't they? My 160 was enough motorcycle, I guess, for about 90 % of the riders, especially back then.

·
Administrator
26,562 Posts
imported post

Me too, thought it was the 160 scrambler. I had one too, my second bike after the 150 dream.
That 160 was a screamer, Would wrap the speedo clear around past the 100 mark and would run with the 305s. I don't know if it had been worked on before I got it but it would fly.

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
imported post

Boy , life was simple then . Can I go back and have a do over ? I rode the 68 version of the CL125 , single carb . Later I swapped in the 150 crank and cylinders and snuck it off as 125 for racing . LOL didnt make much difference . The 160 with dual carbs,if memory serves had a tube frame and swingarm rather than the stamped steel of the 125 . Really , I'd like a do over at least from 10 - 21 yrs old . Anyone got a time machine ?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Yeah, and it seems to be speeding up these last few years.:shock:

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

As I've said it's not about the ride but riding

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

We been having showers off and on for the past few weeks so yesterday I get home and it's sunny out with most the road dry. I rushed into the house and tossed my work gear on the desk then headed for the garage to eeni meeni miini moh... Well the S90 won and I was thinking hell yeah so took the weed blower off the seat and dragged it out of the space. Threw my leg at it. Ka boom on the first kick. I let her warm up while I strapped on my half shell, goggle and slipped into some gloves. Off I went down the street towards the park. A few block away is a house full of hoody wearing tattooed clown boys. Several have sport bike and think they're vroom vroom special. As I passed by they were all looking and making their little girl giggles at each other. I slid my butt back on the saddle, dropped into second and snapped her off and up for a good twenty-yard or so 2d gear wheelie. Two of the clowns dropped the cigarettes from their mouths.
Maybe next time I'll take the TL down there and show them how I can ride over their cars without putting a foot down!

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
imported post

I have some very good Harley friends. Oct. '07 I made a trip to Eureka Springs, Ark. with them. They'd start up and say "you got that thing started yet", or that sounds like a Ferarri". This year one of the blew a tranny on the trip, and had to rent a truck and haul it home :D.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

D-Rod:

You're just down the road a bit...do you guys ever do the Sunday morning breakfasst thing before the Bills break our hearts on Sunday afternoons?

Dean, Scarborough, Ontario

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

I have a lot of friends that ride Harleys. They used to tell me that one day I would own one too. I always tell them how good their bikes look, how good they sound and run. Nowdays they ask me about my bike. It is always there always running strong. They are coming to realize that it isn't about the bike. Today has turned out to be a great day to ride so I'm on my way home to get in a couple hundred miles before dark!

Bernie

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.