Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Has anyone here done it?

I think the original is for the 1200, and mounts differently than the 1000 would have to.

Is there a GL1000 kit, or will I be better off making something?

Thanks!

:waving:

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

dsmastern wrote:
Has anyone here done it?

I think the original is for the 1200, and mounts differently than the 1000 would have to.

Is there a GL1000 kit, or will I be better off making something?

Thanks!

:waving:
Don made it for the 1200 but there's no reason other than being out in the open that it shouldn't work on any flat four.

BTW: Most of the price of a poorboy kit is the custom machined pulley.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

dan filipi did his 1100.. he made his own kit.. some others have used the poorboy for the 1100 and have had to rework one of the brackets.. don't know about the gl1000, but it should be similar.. I'll look for the 1100 threads..

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Well. I finally heard back from Don. He said that nothing in his kit will work on a GL1000, so I guess I'll be making something on my own unless anyone else knows of a kit that will work.

:?

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

dsmastern wrote:
Well. I finally heard back from Don. He said that nothing in his kit will work on a GL1000, so I guess I'll be making something on my own unless anyone else knows of a kit that will work.

:?
I looked it up and the 1000 uses a 10mm bolt and the 1200 a 12mm bolt in the front of the crankshaft so the pulley which is 99% of the price of the kit and the only thing you would use could be made to work with a sleeve.

Some people have used a power steering pump pulley from a wrecker of the correct size and sleeved it to make it work.
Good luck on whatever you decide.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.