Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My turn signal switch is dead and I need a replacement quickly. I've posted a want ad here and have searched fleabay but I'm looking to cover all possible options. I tried to order a new one but they have been discontinued.
I found the K&L universal switch on a couple of sites but would like to know that someone has successfully made one work on a Wing before ordering one.

If anyone knows of any other viable options (maybe one from a more recent model?), any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
imported post

When my switch stopped working on my 1500, I went to a breakers and got the guts of another Honda winker switch and replaced the contact, spring and ball, reassembled and it's ok. If you have time it is worthwhile to grease it with di-electric grease on assembly, make sure the switch is ok before greasing it also check the ground wire for the winkers, fuse and flasher unit.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I took it apart already... there are two tiny, thin copper pieces that form the contacts over two segmented brass rails. One of those tiny copper pieces is worn down to the point where it will no longer make contact with the rail. I plan on calling around to the local salvage yards tomorrow, but I want to cover all possible options.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.