Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

Wonder how many would have gone down if someone slammed on the brakes?

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
imported post

Hmm.I bet they all work the night shift?? :yelling:

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
imported post

I wonder if there is any video,
I bet that would be something to see.

P.S. somebody somewhere knew it was going down. You don't get 1000 motorcycles together on a whim.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

I bet we could get 1000 wing riders together.........

At most our ages however it would take us a little longer to get there....

But it would be an impressive sight to see.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,156 Posts
imported post

Facebook is not allowed on this PC.

Wish there had been a road block on each end of that, full of 1,000s of DPS officers.

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
Wish there had been a road block on each end of that, full of 1,000s of DPS officers.
probably the smart way to do it.

I remember one time during Arizona Bike week. We rode in a "parade" from Scottsdale out to Firebird raceway for the Harley Drags.
There was an easy 1000 bikes.
Cops rode ahead and blocked all of the intersections. When we got on the 101, they blocked the entire freeway for us. We all were riding well over 90 mph. with the DPS leading the way.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

Ok, I'm getting old ... I just don't get it. Can we just congragate in huge masses and dispense with local law altogether? One of the videos showed police managing traffic. Was this an organized parade or demonstration ride? Sorry but I would have a tendency to tun on my signal and change lanes ... frequently.

Pat

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

Alright, that was harsh ... but I don't get it.

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

norton wrote:
jpelmer wrote:
Sorry but I would have a tendency to tun on my signal and change lanes ... frequently.
What ???
Why ???
Because stupid should hurt?

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

If the worst they do is organize a huge ride and inconvenience some people when they ride let us just feel lucky. Nowadays all you have to do is sit in an audience for an Air show and get killed. This show of ZoomSplats seems kind of tame now............... :? just sayin ...

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

Ok, I opened my mouth and shouldn't have. I apologize, but

If this is an organized ralley it should be controlled. It's called "share the road" not "own the road". When I'm on my bike and get passed and surrounded by a car ralley it makes me very nervous and I try to get the hell away. It also makes me very angry. I drove truck for a number of years and never gave in to the temptation of running in a "convoy" and plugging the lanes to "control" the 4 wheelers.

I may pay for the road and have a right to use it but I don't own it, and neither does anyone else. The people of St. Louis should not have to put up with such disruption.

End of rant. Sorry if I offended anyone ... not my intention.

Pat

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
imported post

Well Staint Louis is only 10 miles down the road this is the first ive seen or heard about this .Saw a couple of people i know riding downtown and driving on I70 scares the poop out of me some times let alone ride it . Most where coming in from IL and the video of the dumbass doing a wheelie on the chain of rocks bridge stupid if he had of crashed and closed the bridge the tailbacks would of been miles long or if he had gone over the bridge forget about him . Oh yeah lets film all of it and show our license plates as we run red lights and do stupid things on our bikes AS THE POLICE WONT BE WATCHING THE VIDEO on youtube . I see it was mostly zoomsplats and a few Harley guys thrown in

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

jpelmer wrote:
It's called "share the road" not "own the road".
I think (based on what I read on their FaceBook Page) This did start out as an organized event that was orchastrated with the local PD. Some bad apples joined the group and got out of control.

The young man that was reported killed in the accident (I read in a few placed however that he did not die), that accident happened before these cycles appeared in town, had nothing to do with the ride.

Again, bad apples turn up when you have numbers like that. I'd be willing to bet that if you could get a thousand Wings riders together, you would get a few that would try a wheely too.......... don't get me drinking, Id have to prove my point!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.