Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
I can see it working, but I can also see a lot of hose switching (especially once you get things "close) to check the difference between 1 and 2, then 1 and 3, then 1 and 4, then....

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Hi Milliesdad

Try my method. This is a copied answer to another post.:thumbsup:

You don't need guages to scynronise the carbs. you can acheive good results using apiece of rubber tube the size of brake bleading tube and about 2'6" long.

If you put one end in your ear, and hold the other end on the edge of each air intake in turn you will hear the difference between them.

If you use one as a benchmark you can then adjust the others to sound the same, then adjust the idle and check again. Each time you adjust the idle check suction again and you will refine it further. Hope this all makes sense.

Paul

P.S. make sure you hold the tube in a simmilar place on each air intake.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
That manometer ought to work fine. I use a two gauge setup I put together from a couple of Harbor Freight vacuum gauges and sync'd a bunch of 1100s with it. It's pretty simple, stick a lead on the carbs on one bank, sync them. Then shift to the other side and balance those two. After the two banks are balanced put the hose on #3 and #4 carbs and adjust the adjuster that's just aft of #3 carb to balance the two sides and you're ready to go.
You can also do the job with a homemade manometer, I used a two carb manometer made of vinyl tubing but a four cylinder one is easy to make up. Take a look at this
. There are several other videos using these just google.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.