1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
I have the Honda ones that are similar to those, Just be sure and get some aquarium line valves to adjust the flow rate to steady them out if bouncing around.
And have a Mighty-vac to check the gauges to each other, there should be adjustment screws on the back of the gauges.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
I also use the same gages your looking at, but I only have two gages mounted to the plate. When I purchased mine from e-bay they came with the shut off valves.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Yup, I had those when I had my 1500 - they worked fine... I had a buddy that used them on his Honda Outboard motor too... I don't see the dampeners in the photo - make sure they are included with the gauges - you will need them...

Les

·
Banned
12,287 Posts

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,230 Posts
It's a fine set, I have one myself, but the secret to good syncronization is so much what you use, but knowing how to do it.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
I have the two gauges they work like a charm. ;)

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the insight, photo, and Hondaline lead!

A couple people have a two gauge setup. Is that if you have a six cylinder? Seems like if you have a four cylinder, you'd want the four gauge setup. Or maybe two gauges is enough for any bike?

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Just my opinion, but I much prefer the fluid/tube type synch tools. I think they're easier to read and see what you're doing when making adjustments. I suspect they're more sensitve, too. Whatever you decide, I'd say get a gauge for each cylinder...synching is much easier when you have feedback from all manifolds at the same time.

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
Just my opinion, but I much prefer the fluid/tube type synch tools. I think they're easier to read and see what you're doing when making adjustments. I suspect they're more sensitve, too. Whatever you decide, I'd say get a gauge for each cylinder...synching is much easier when you have feedback from all manifolds at the same time.
Ditto

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
at about $102 USD you cant go wrong buying a Carbtune unit with case,easily setup,requires no fluids or dampers,trying to save a couple dollars to use anything else just isn't worth the hassle involved,course this unit i believe is only usable with the 1100 and 1200 and the valkyrie
after using one will never go back to the four guage unit which i tried once for about two mins and sent back,but that's imho
http://www.carbtune.co.uk/carbdtls.html

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Below ain't because I'm cheap, it's because I'm damn accurate in short order with it.
This is what I use when I use something like this:

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.