Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

i have a few black spots on my engine where the paint has come off. on the right side off the engine beside the carb. whats the best way to fix this without repainting the entire engine? what type off paint do you recommend? the black spot is about the size of a cigar. one other thing.

in the haynes manual it shows a chrome crankcase breather where this black spot is. the only crankcase breather i see on my bike is on the left side where the foot peg is. am i missingthis part our is this the way it is suppose to be? my bike is a 1984 aspy.

thanks for any ideas.:waving:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Was your engine painted black once?

If you use paint , it has to be "High Heat engine Paint" 1500 degrees + !!!

And first clean the area with Brake cleaner then Alcohol to remove any film !

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
And first clean the area with Brake cleaner then Alcohol to remove any film !
I prefer to use Jack Danials, never tried mixing it with Brake Cleaner, How does it taste?:D

Gene:waving::11red::11red::11red::cooler:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

"Daniels" and "Brake Cleaner", few swigs of that and you should be able to stop on a dime !:baffled:

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
imported post

That is odd with the spot. Could you take a pic perhaps?

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
imported post

GLester wrote:
I prefer to use Jack Danials, never tried mixing it with Brake Cleaner, How does it taste?:D

Gene:waving::11red::11red::11red::cooler:
No, no, no! YOU'RE cleaning the PAINTER! That happens AFTER you paint the bike...

Ruaidh

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
Hey wingdawg, his comment was, "i have a few black spots on my engine where the paint has come off." If the spots are black and appears that the paint is coming off, the engine must have been another color other than black.

My 84 Aspy engine is silver in color. Is that silver a paint or just the engine material? If it is not paint, then perhapse his engine has some sort of staining. If it is paint, then the areas would have to be painted with a color matched high heat engine paint.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

1984GL1200A wrote:
wingdawg101 wrote:
Hey wingdawg, his comment was, "i have a few black spots on my engine where the paint has come off." If the spots are black and appears that the paint is coming off, the engine must have been another color other than black.

My 84 Aspy engine is silver in color. Is that silver a paint or just the engine material? If it is not paint, then perhapse his engine has some sort of staining. If it is paint, then the areas would have to be painted with a color matched high heat engine paint.
If I quit smoking "Crack" I would read these threads better, huh?!!!:baffled:

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
imported post

Before I painted it.. I would check if its a drop of Brake fluid, or of Clutch fluid, or Battery acid that caused this..... No sense re-painting,if its gonna happen again ../forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/gunhead.gif....................................  and High heat enamel  spray will work, but most need an excellent cleaning, and a "High Heat " primer  if you are gong to have it stick... ... I have used a foam brush for spots on frames, and stands/forums/images/emoticons/dude.gif... should work on Engines too............. SilverDave /forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.