Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just a posting to say a big thanks to Cousin Jack, who most generously shipped an Owners Manual for my GL1500 across to me here in the UK and wouldn't accept any payment for the Manual or shipping.

Unlikeothers I've come across in my time, this selflessness is typical of the guys on this board, and I'm both heartened and humbled to find that there are still people like that in this world and immensely proud to be part of it all.

Cousin Jack, take a bow:cool::cool::cool:

and Steve, the donation's been sent on his behalf.

Thanks

Ian

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

When I talk to people I know I laughingly say that I have relatives, and family. But I guess I have to go even a step further with this.

Relatives visit and I enjoy it, but normally grow tired of them and am glad to see them leave.

Family are those I have to accept, good or bad. I can't help but claim them.

Then there are the ones that go a step beyond all that,,

They are my tribe. Those that you live and die for. Nothing is too much to ask and normally you don't have to ask.

That's what we have here.

Way to go Cousin Jack!!!! :cooler:

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

I ride with about 30 Goldwingers I met on this site. We recently celebrated our 25th group ride this season in the OZarks, with more rides planned and we even have a Christmas Get-Together planned. Yup, Great folk...every one of 'em.

Here are a few pis of 'some' of the things we did this year...

http://tinyurl.com/5t56t9 Click on 'slideshow'.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Hey Popeye, great pics!!! Unicorn Lady and I are gonna have to invade a Wild Rhino ride one of these days!!

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
imported post

Yup, great people here:clapper:I haven't met 30 yet, but maybe one day.....;)

·
Premium Member
20,586 Posts
imported post

Popeye wrote:
I ride with about 30 Goldwingers I met on this site. We recently celebrated our 25th group ride this season in the OZarks, with more rides planned and we even have a Christmas Get-Together planned. Yup, Great folk...every one of 'em.

Here are a few pis of 'some' of the things we did this year...

http://tinyurl.com/5t56t9 Click on 'slideshow'.
Very nice Popeye! :cool:

I was thinking about putting something together like this for the Christmas Party! Why don't we get together and put my pictures and your together and do a slideshow!

I guess my point is that without this forum, we wouldn't have the new family we have come to be! Because of this forum and great members who thought it up, I met approx 100 people at NASSIR 1 in Calhoun, GA.

I would not have had the opportunity the meet a lot of fine people without this forum. I would just be riding down the road waving at people on Goldwings hoping they would wave back!

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
imported post

Good job Popeye, brings back a lot of good memories of the fun we had last summer.:cool::cool::cool::cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.