Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm looking for stories that may at some point in time be printed in Wing World magazine and what I would like to do is to get owners input on the different modelsthat theyhaveowned over the years to illustrate how the Gold Wing breed has slowly changed and progressed to where it is today.

Handling, feel on the road, power, quirks, flaws, modifications you've made, accessories added, maintenance agendas and tipsare all items I'd like to hear about from your perspective. Even stories about trips, friendships you've built because of Gold Wings are all relevant as well. Odd events and occurences, as well as, funny stories are also very much welcome. Try to be as colorful and descriptive as you can be to make your story more interesting, but, please try to keep the B.S. down to a minimum.

Ideally, I'd like to get enough fresh material each month that would allow for a special Classic Wingssection in Wing World magazine.

If you have any interest in participating in this endeavor pleaseprint your storyhere or send me yourstory at [email protected]

Any comments, suggestions or advice on how to approach this project or make it better are also welcome.

The reason I've chosen this site to post this topichere is that I feel that Steve Saunder's site is arguably the best on the internet for overall participation by Gold Wing owner's worldwide and seems to have the most relaxed, experiencedand enjoyable personalities alltogether in one place who happen to own the broadest range of Gold Wing motorcycles. Thank you Steve Saunders.

Vic

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Were you missing for while Vic, haven't seen many posts from you this last week. I'll get cracking on my story over the weekend. :waving:

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

Nice work Vic, you are a dedicated soul. I've a story to tell so I'll get cracking on it soon. :clapper:

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I've been around, just not as much as usual because spring is here and my wife has me very busy, as well as, friends with Gold Wings who want to get them in shape for summer riding.

Now that summer is fast approaching I'll be spending even less time on the internet unless I can get a wireless laptop connected to my Wing. So, if you don't see me out here it's not because I'm avoiding you, it's simply because time is precious and limited, but, I always check out here for anyongoing posts I've participated in and I always answer my PM's or emails if you need to communicate.

Looking forward to those stories and the more the better.

Vic

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Goldwinger1984 wrote:
The reason I've chosen this site to post this topichere is that I feel that Steve Saunder's site is arguably the best on the internet for overall participation by Gold Wing owner's worldwide and seems to have the most relaxed, experiencedand enjoyable personalities alltogether in one place who happen to own the broadest range of Gold Wing motorcycles. Thank you Steve Saunders.
Hey Goldwinger1984 :waving: I will second all of the above comments. :clapper: I dont know many guys who ride :18red: :15red: :1000yellow: :12ltd::11green: but i have met the wingnut a few times :clapper:when out on my neighbours :18red:and i have to say that this guy makes a person feel very comfortable in his company :weightlifter:and this is reflected in this forum. :clapper: I dont have any stories to tell about my neighbours :18red:, and im quite sure no one is interested in my Honda 50. :crying:

:walker: :18red: :walker:

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Redwing, then how about a story of your first ride on a moped and how you graduated all the way up to that 50cc Honda and impressed your neighbor enough for him to let you use his 1800 to go out and meet the Wingnut.

Vic

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey Goldwinger1984 :waving:I never had a moped. The only two bikes i ever had was a pedal cycle and a Honda 50.:clapper:I was very close to buying a Honda 90 but i figured that she might be too powerful.:crying:

:skipping::18red::skipping:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

What about the trip you took to Dublin for the Guru interview on your LAWNMOWER ? :p:pCIARAN

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
What about the trip you took to Dublin for the Guru interview on your LAWNMOWER ? :p:pCIARAN
Twasn't his mower, borrowed it from the neighbor on the other side! Brought it back with the blade all bunged up too!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.