Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
imported post

I have 2 81 GL 1100's one I making a new intake manifole for, the other I think of using randakk's manifolds for a dual weber IDF 40 set up.

www.gl1200goldwings.com

www.nakedgoldwings.com

Here are links to two sites where you will find more info about doing this

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

I would never castrate one of my bikes like that.

For some people a loss of performance in certain area's is not an issue.For me any loss of performance is a huge issue. Going to a single carb results in sacrafices either in low or high rpm performance. Physics will not allow a single carb setup to perform across the wide rpm range of a bike.

Just curious but why do you want to do this?

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

im working to get my carbs in top running condition so far is has not been bad but the guy that knows carb and is helping me seem to loose intrest in them im not a jap carb guy usa carb i know these thing a so damn finiky it is easy to get pissed and walk away from them

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

by the way wisker i love what you did with your bike it is bad ass where did you get your exhust

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

Maybe you should invest in Randakks Video?? It is a complete how too for GL1000 carbs.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

i got air leaks on the throttle arm the felt packing is bad do you know where to get replacements

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

Check your other thread about the felts. My exhaust is veryrare. I looked for one for over 2 years before I found it. I got it from a guy that wanted something a bit quieter. I swapped him straight up for a set of Jardenes. It was just dumb luck.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
imported post

Rob as you can see there are many opinions about single carbs the two links I posted are only guide where you can find information as wisker_fish states there are pros and cons with regards to performance. I did the research before making my decision on what to do with my bikes. I have an 82 Aspencade that will retain Honda carbs using Randakk's master rebuild kit.For me the choice was simple as one 81 will become a custom bobber the other daily commuter with single carb for me I am willing to give up a little to ease the amount of maintenance and upkeep on the carbs. And I would agree with wisker_fisk get Randakk's video on carbs it will help you greatly and check the tech section on his web site a lot of info there to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.