imported post

Sorry to hear about this Dave.

Jeff

·
Administrator
27,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Well, he's grown up, gainfully employed by Uncle Sam so all he has to do is save the money to fix it and send it to me. I don't mind doing the work but I'm done with buying the parts. Got another one in the shop that belongs to his cousin in about the same shape, maybe worse. He gets the same deal, buy the parts and I'll fix it.

A funny thing about this is where he slid off the road and hit a guardrail post we were picking up parts and found pieces of another bike that hit the same post.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
665 Posts
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
buy the parts and I'll fix it.

That sounds like a great deal! He sure was lucky ... the bike gets messed up and he gets nothing ... I wish I could have had luck like that.

The pics of your 1800 really gives a good view of the CT.

BTW: The last red 1800 in that link to pushmountain pics is yours truly. :cool:

Bob

·
Administrator
27,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

By golly Bob, that is you, I missed that going through them before. How are you liking the handlebar risers?:action:

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
A funny thing about this is where he slid off the road and hit a guardrail post we were picking up parts and found pieces of another bike that hit the same post.
Don't tell Baggy where it is. He'll be out there getting bike parts. :dude:

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
665 Posts
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
By golly Bob, that is you, I missed that going through them before. How are you liking the handlebar risers?:action:

Hey! They are wonderful ! That day I sat on your bike and put my hands on your grips, I knew there was a set in my future. No more back and shoulder ache. It has taken a little getting used to, but well worth the effort.

Did you notice that my bike was not leaning like yours in the pics ?? I guess that is why that red ATV got passed me.. :action:

Bob

·
Administrator
27,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

Monk wrote:

Did you notice that my bike was not leaning like yours in the pics ?? I guess that is why that red ATV got passed me.. :action:

Bob
Yea well I'm unstable and can't keep the bike upright, have to use the pegs and engine guards to keep it from falling over.;) I just wish I had been really in the groove that day so I didn't look like an old man riding. :cooldevil:

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,647 Posts
imported post

What you need to do, is got back to that spot where you found all them parts, set up a camera and an umbrella.

That way, the bikers focus on the umbrella and you get some neat videos of them coming right at you. :cheeky1:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.