Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I tested the hazards last eve, and now I cant turn them off. Has anybody seen this? Will WD40 help loosen the switch or will it damage the interior circuits.

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
imported post

I sprayed some contact cleaner on mine. Find it would get stuck on as the weather got cooler. This took care of it

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks. I will try it. I have called the dealership to see if they will do it for me.

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

I've sprayedWD-40 or CRC into the sticky switches of my last6-8 bikes, the little red nozzle hose works well. Never had to take one apart & clean the contacts......yet.

Note, use a rag to prevent over-spray onto other parts, even though it shouldn't anything. If I get over-spray on paint, I wash it off with soapy water anyway.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

When i went out at luch, they were not on. So, i will still give it a spray of WD40 just in case we need use them in the future.

Thanks for all the replys. This is a good forum.

Dragoon

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
imported post

Just spraying the WD-40 into the switch will not guarantee they will work when you need them. Give the switch a good shot and then work it in and out - it may take a while to get it loosened up. Spray - work it - spray - work it - and on until it functions as it should.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

miles.from.nowhere wrote:
Just spraying the WD-40 into the switch will not guarantee they will work when you need them. Give the switch a good shot and then work it in and out - it may take a while to get it loosened up. Spray - work it - spray - work it - and on until it functions as it should.
Thats what I have done. thanks

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

I've had luck with a good quality contact cleaner, also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.