Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Need to relace the hazzard switch in a 2003 1800. It will activate the blinkers but you have to hold it in to keep the lights blinking. Can this be done or do I have to relace the entire switch panel? Any suggestions on how I go about it?

Thanks in advance

Tim (Sarge)

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Tried to spray some deoxit in it but no luck. It is my hope that just the switch can be replaced...and hope it's easy to boot :p

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
imported post

SargeEDCF wrote:
Tried to spray some deoxit in it but no luck. It is my hope that just the switch can be replaced...and hope it's easy to boot :p
You can take the switch to bits and may find the little latching spring is stuck. Open it in a plastic bag so that the bits stay with you. :cooldj:

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Can the switch be popped out or do I have to take the panel out. If so,,,how is that done?

Tim

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
imported post

Its easier to take the panel out. There is one large grey connector to disconnect. Remove the painted side strip and you will see a screw holding the panel in place, also remove the LH pocket so that it is easier to get to the connector.

You can then work on the bench :waving:

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
imported post

Does the panel come out that easily removing that one phillips screw?

I have a 2001 and have the stuck Hazard problem.

I pulled everything apart and it feels like there is another screw or tension somewhere keeping the Headlight adj/hazard panel in place.

I was able to pop off the back of the control panel but I guess I need a small mirror and flashlight to see what's in there and if there is another screw.

I fear having to pull that big cowl covering the air cleaner to do this.

Any help?

-Doug

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.