Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Years ago I had been caught in an extremelly bad rain. I had to keep riding to catch the Nova Scotia ferry in Portland Main
The water was comming down so heavy I barelly could see the hazard light on the truck 30 ft ahead of me We were doing like 15 MPH or less. I intended to stop but I was afraid Ill be run over since there was no shoulder. I had my hazard lights on.
I have used them a few more times in the next few years to provide an warning.
Then the button start getting stuck and I developed my own way on releasing it. I pushed it with the back od my fingernail and while sliding of it it would suddenly release.
That problem is gone as my button quit working entirely.I think the lights are important and I will try to fix them.
I searched the site and nobody came with a real solution how to fix the problem.
The sister site has some replacing the switch with an amazon one and just cut the hole a bit larger. I have no problem with that except the black, matchin button is not water resistant. I dont want to do the job twice. Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Administrator
26,200 Posts
I only used my hazard switch once when the bike was nearly new and it stuck. It's just not a very good switch for the application.

Reactions: redwing52

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,735 Posts
i use mine once in a while, just because I want to keep it working.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Surprise , surprise. Today I rode to Daytona to pick up breaker for the new houses ( did you know that the average single pole breaker you must use for indoor wiring cost between $40 and $50 a piece Arch fault)
When I got back before I put the bike in the enclosed trailer I pressed the hazard butom. Lights came on . Pressed again and they went out. Repeated 15-20 times and never failed.

I think Mother Honda felt embarrassed about my comment and had a technician sneak in and fix the problem.
Im going to use them before every trip to keep them working

·
Premium Member
6,659 Posts
It is just like humans. Exercise is good for them just like John said. Use it once every time you ride and you will have no issues. Oops, unless it sits all winter then it might take some exercise to wake it up again. That's why Dave pushes everyone not to turn off the cruise button unless you use it every time and really no reason even then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts