Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey gang,

While I don't use my hazards very much, yesterday we stopped to take some pictures and my hazards only worked on the left side and nothing at all on the right.

Any ideas where to start?

Thanks in advance.

Rick

·
Administrator
26,169 Posts
imported post

If the right turn signals work normally there would have to be a break in the lt. blue wire between the hazard switch and where it splices into the right turn signal circuit.

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

No mice that I know of. And yes, the turn signals work fine and so do my new flashing rear view mirrors.

Where is the right turn signal circuit? I know where the switch is, :action:

Rick

·
Administrator
26,169 Posts
imported post

The right turn signal circuit is a light blue wire that runs from the switch to the lights. Somewhere among it the wire from the hazard switch splices into it. I have no info on where that splice is but I suspect it is somewhere near the switches.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

Have you checked the right ground wire? May be in the switch???
Nightrider1

·
Pwhoever
3,161 Posts
imported post

Sometimes it is just a dirty switch. I will sometimes have problems when it has been sitting for a while (winter) and I push the switch in. If I hold the switch in and wiggle it (when it does this) I have been able to get both left and right going. Usually a good blast of Electronic contact cleaner will help and then work the switch in and out several times.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
imported post

Yes I would start by cleaning the switch with electronic spray cleaner, I could probably go out right now in the cold and have to work the switch a little to get both sides to work.

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Good info guys. I will clean the switch today

Happy riding

Rick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.