Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a '85 limited and the hazards work fine but i have on turn signals at all. The fuse is good in the fuse panel. I found the flashers under the seat and i exchanged the two with each other and still no turn signals, they don't even light up, and the hazards now come on but don't flash. I exchanged them back and found the connector under the false tank and grounded the blu/blk as the manual said and still nothing. I did find a fuse in the panel, #7 i believe, labeled flasher/ parking lights that does nothave power to it from the panel. Could it still be faulty flashers, or am i gonna have to dig deeper and remove the fairing to get to the control unit? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks , wally

·
Administrator
26,567 Posts
imported post

How about fuse #1 ?

·
Administrator
26,567 Posts
imported post

Check for power at the wht/grn wire at the flasher, should be good if the brake lights work but check anyway, and on the gray wire out of the flasher.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Hey Dave, i got power on the wht/grn, but nothing on the gray. wally

·
Administrator
26,567 Posts
imported post

That indicates the flasher is not working. Connect the wht/grn and grey together and see if the turn signals come on, they won't flash but it will tell you if the wiring is good.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Hy Dave, I crossed the wht/grn and gray and signals lit up. So i guess that means wiring is good. I got a 3 prong flasher from the parts store but since it won't plug into my connector, i have no idea how to wire what to what. Thanks for the help.

·
Administrator
26,567 Posts
imported post

Hard to say if it's not marked. You can use a 2 prong flasher and just use the wht/grn and grey wires. You would have to remove the plug and use some female spades to connect it.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Hoorah. Just so happens i had a two prong flasher in my tool box and i hooked it up like you said and i now have signals. thanks so much. Just out of curiosity, what will I be doing without by not having that third wire connected? wally

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.