Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

A 4" side grinder and a stick welder, I used the HD pipes & welded to the Honda Headers

It aint perfect, it is a little louder than stock but it only cost me $30.00 :baffled:

Attachments

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Yea, it's been done before on here. In fact some one posted their pics where they were able to have the pipes go straight back instead of angling up like yours. Good fix for the price though.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

Nice example, I'll probably go that way when my 1100 needs it...... you might want to compare notes with axelwik's 2004 version in the Reference and FAQ HERE

·
Registered
819 Posts
imported post

Awesome job. I put bagger pipes on my 1100.

They look and sound much better on a wing.

Peter

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
imported post

I also put a set of sporster mufflers on my 77. I put in a cross over pipe and was able to just clamp them to the original headers. They are lower than the ones pictured here.

They where a little bit too loud for me so I welded on some extensions with a smaller diameter pipe( much closer to stock diameter ) that made it sound quieter and makes it easier to ride.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

They are a bit on the loud side for a Goldwing but this is a parts bike I have verrrry little money in :cooldevil:

I did not try offsetting the exhaust I just cut and welded

Have not made a decision about the headlight, it needs arear break caliper& master cilinder, some duct tape on the seatthen a Rat's tail and I have a bar hoppppper :)

I need to find a super low profile tire (maybe car) to get the gearing a little better on take off, it is an 82 frame with 83 motor

I should bewell under $400 when it's tagged and I'm riding;)

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
imported post

I hope you drink coke, it would be a shame to think of you messing up that perfectly good bike due to alcohol. Unless that is you decide to run the bikeon alcohol and if thats the case more power to you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.