Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Went out for a short run to the store for the little lady this afternoon.On my way homeon a lonely rural road,a cager coming the opposite direction had his left turn signal on and slowed to a stop.As I was getting closer I figured he was waiting for me to get by before turning......WRONG..the Idiot turned as if to say,, Yeah I can make it,,There was no vehicle behind me so I guess the driver saved himself 5 seconds by making the turn....I felt like following him but whats the use.....

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
imported post

glad to hear your okay.

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
imported post

Wiill heaven be a place where we can ride and not worry about folks turning in front of us:?

Glad that nothing happened other then a pucker moment

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

Reitzclean wrote:
Wiill heaven be a place where we can ride and not worry about folks turning in front of us:?

Are you kidding??? :baffled:Where do you think all those good church going God fearing people who turn in front of us will end up?? :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

"I figured he was waiting for me to get by before turning"

Man I lost that figuring years ago. Here in California they wait to see how close you can get before they turn in front of or pull out in front of you.

PS: sorry Reitzclean, there will be no riding in heaven according to the book you'll be like a deer in the glory of the headlights without a thought in your head
PSS: I'll be in hell, on fire, riding a Zundapp with a bunch of drunken monkeys chasing Hilter, GWBush and a naked Raygun!

PSSS: Saddam will be on the sidelines fixing flats and Cheney will be doing all the jump starts with his taxpayers pacemaker and the Exxon president will be pumping gas from his lips while Ted Stevens, Foley and a bunch more are trying to keep the anger goats and horned virgins off the track

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
imported post

I've seen these type. :dude:Sometimes with their left signal on they will turn right.:shock: and other times they will turn right in front of you. :? ABS?

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

I really like the ones who get lost, turn on the left blinker, and then pull off the side of the road to the right.

Makes you wonder, what the heck should I do??

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
imported post

Yep, have experienced this before in a mall parking lot. It's like we sometimes dont exist to some of these folks!

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

I really think a lot of them are thinking hey, he will stop, cause I'm so much bigger, it'll hurt him more than me. And they take advantage of that by just going, but they wait until the last second because that is what they are thinking. That's when it would be nice to have a device just to take out there engine computer, dead in the middle of the intersection:cooldevil:, then you stop, get off your bike, walk up to the nitwit, and say...............:cussing:, so when your finished, you casually get back on your bike, start it up, smile, push another button that just flattens all his tires, and then ride off into the sunset feeling so much better. :thumpingmad:Oh, and don't forget to wave:byebye:

OK, so this is usually what I think after a situation of that nature. It relaxes me for the rest of the ride.:coollep:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Headlight modulators, guys! Wake those dumbbutt cagers up. A white helmet helps too. It's amazing how much better theycan see you when they think you might be a cop.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Yep I run my modulator on high beams. Right in their eyeballs. If I had a flare launcher I might try that too.

I have came to a complete stop sometimes and motioned those kinds of Idjuiits on. I do not trust them for a second. I also tend to watch the front wheels of the cars, they tell me more than a driver looking right at me.

Kit

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
imported post

I agree with Kit, I have made it a habit to watch the front tires of any vehicle I come upon, it tells me when the idiot plans on coming on out into my path.:hovering:

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

I like to watch the front tires too, but so many people down here are doing rolling stops at intersections when turning. They let you go by, but they never really come to a complete stop.

I have to slow way down and watch them like a hawk, just knowing that at the last minute they are going to try and jump out in the lane.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
imported post

How about the ones who stop and then just drift forward a little and stop again. You don't know if they see you or not. I have told many of my relatives and friends notto do this. Scares the bejesus out of me.

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
imported post

got scared myself yesterday, clipping along at about 50mph on a back road and this 18 wheeler makes a turn in front of me coming the other direction, guess he just didn't want to stop and go thru all those geers again. I know I was downshifting and looking for another brake leaver to grab

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

I'm glad you both rode away unharmed.

I'm curious. Do either of you have a headlight modulator? I don't recall having one vehicle turn in front of me since I've been running a modulator, at least during the day when it's on. I had a guy in a pickup turn in front of me a few weeks ago, but it was after dark so the modulator was not running.

John

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

I have been running a modulator for two years now. The only instance I can recall of a vehicle turning in front of me was on a 4 lane road where some one had stopped and created the situation. They stopped to be sooooooooooo nice and motioned a car from the median across in front of them and that car without thinking about two lanes of traffic cut across. Naturally they could not see me as the first vehicle being so nice had their vision blocked. And they were acting on the improper instructions by the stopped driver.

That is the only one I can remember. Most do almost do it, but at the last moment do catch sight of the modulator and stop.

I am a very outspoken person on the safety of a modulator. I think it should be standard and required equipment on all bikes.

Of course a bunch of them in my old club do not think so, so I no longer belong to that bunch. Even in group rides I think with the modulator on low beam and turned down with the headlight adjuster(1800) it poses no problem. And as one does get split up with traffic at times, it is good to have on.

Included with a daily thought about safety, a modulator is most likely the very best thing you can ever put on your bike. It may very well one day when you are day dreaming or not paying as much attention as you should be work for you. I try to stay alert, but once in a great while I do have my stupid moments. It is during those times it may very well save your life.

Kit

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
imported post

I always figure their going to do the compete opposite of what a normal person with a little common sense will do.

When I'm on my bike, I trust NO ONE in a cage.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

we may disagree on this site about most everything.... oil brand, tyre brand, fastest colour, politics religion and even sex

but you have found the one thing we all agree on: cagers like that are A$$HOLES and we all have to drive like they will kill us

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.