Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

i have a cm250c that was given to me a year ago. after new tires and carb work has been running great .recently my son who is learning to ride was checking the oil and found it low after having just changed it a month ago, says he sees oil coming out the exhaust. it has been suggested a blown head gasket, does any one have experience or suggestions as to replacing the gasket as we are not mech. minded. thanks.

·
Administrator
26,177 Posts
imported post

It is not the head gasket. Probably stuck or broken rings.

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
imported post

I too have an '82 CM250C. Great bike for bopp'n around town!

I've never had to dive into the engine though. Nothing more that routine maintanence. Do you see any white/blue smoke at startup? While running? Borrow a compression tester and see if one or both cylinders are really low (like 80 PSI or less).

To run a good comp test, warm the engine up, pop both plugs out, attach the tester, choke wide open (pushed all the way in), throttle wide open, crank engine until tester needle stops rising. Record the number, repeat procedure on 2nd cyl. Report numbers back here.

FYI, there is a forum for Honda Twins, but I don't recall the URL. You could also ask around Rebel forums as the CM250 was renamed Rebel a few years after ours were built.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.