Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
imported post

There's no fun way to do this. Remove the chrome trim under the winshied, there are 2 phillips screws , one uner each mirror base that need to come out and then the trim will come off by sliding it left or right and lifting up a bit,then remove the signal lights and then remove headlight assembly. You will need to remove the trim under the headlight(2 phillips screws) to get to the 2 lower mounting bolts for the headlight, then there are 2 upper bolts to remove and take out the headlight. You will then see the headlight adjuster and cable. It's sounds worse than it is, but it's the only way I know to get at it because it's right behind the headlight. Have fun.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,953 Posts
imported post

Why do you need to replace it?

Is it broken, froze up or do you just dislike it?

I've never heard of one failing, but a friend thought the one on his LTD was shot because it didn't seem to make any difference on the road. When we took it apart it was working fine.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

the knob was broken on mine I could not adjust it. On high beam I could see the signs but not the road.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,953 Posts
imported post

ut1w7b wrote:
the knob was broken on mine I could not adjust it. On high beam I could see the signs but not the road.
The knob comes off with a set screw and can be replaced without replacing the cable. That is a lot of work.

Meanwhile, just crank that puppy down. From what you describe it's going to take a lot of turns on the cable.

Also, make sure there's air in the shocks. :cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

If it's just the plastic knob, then you should be able to just replace that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.