Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
The flashes are faster than you can manually tap your brakes and pretty evident that you are stopping.

You are assuming that most of the people have a clue what they are looking at. Flashing Brake light are not the norm. Most cagers do not see them on a regular basis. I have a modulator on ride. But I only have the trunk lights hooked to it. The saddle bag light burn solid, so hopefully, the flashing trunk lights GETS their attention & the saddle bag light tells them I'm stopping.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
I would prefer, in my opinion, that a couple flashes and then staying on to be the best.
In my mind if the cycle repeats you're NOT stopping you are just tapping the brakes to slow down.
Flash flash on, means I'm (you) are on the brakes for reason, .
Good point! :bowing: What I really want to be noticed is that I am doing something that deserves their attention, not needlessly tick them off.......

·
Banned
4,568 Posts
The delay/repeat mode is for Installation ON Cages who get stuck in commute traffic,
if they only move a few seconds- with delay/no flashing, lights operate normally.
Or expect someone with a migraine and a hammer to adjust the lighting situation

A mode that mimics your actual flashing-rate ability will be excellent on automatic!
When bike is the last vehicle stopped in a line or alone and cars appear in the mirrors, letting off brakes and flash 4 times quickly then ON is my habit
Cages usually react with earlier braking than normal, and stop well back... as a bonus.
Having a device handle it on my request with 1 use of brakes = awesome

1500-1800 owners look how high the spoiler light is relative to cagers eyeline...blinding? anxiety producing? flash rate vertigo?
Observe your bike in driveway while buddy operates brake lever

Do you ride a lot at night? Another consideration in flash rate and duration for sure!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.