Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys hows it all going?ok went to go for ride today and for some reason i went and looked at head light ,just like that it was out,turned off the bike and started checking way,1 fuse is good,2 checked the light its good,3 checked for power to wire ,no power checked with a light thingy,4 checked the switch no power to the wire??????/what the **** is going on.can someone help please.5 i even checked to see if the fuse part had pwer and it does,can i just connect it to one of the marker lights lol it works that way.:)

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
Sounds like a fault in the starter switch?

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
You will need to trace the wiring to make sure where the problem lies.
PM me you email and I will send you the schematic for the 85I

Do you get high beam? or have both high and low gone.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thaks guys i havve a book followed the wires and it goes back to the starter switch,opened it up and there really isnt much in there but what ever i did it works,and tricky both high and low were out,dead,its a mystery

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
thaks guys i havve a book followed the wires and it goes back to the starter switch,opened it up and there really isnt much in there but what ever i did it works,and tricky both high and low were out,dead,its a mystery
If taking it apart and putting it back together solved the problem, sounds like the contacts just need a good cleaning inside the switch.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If taking it apart and putting it back together solved the problem, sounds like the contacts just need a good cleaning inside the switch.
well ,when i opened it there was no dirt or nothing to clean,it looked new???

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,323 Posts
Kevin is referring to the switch itself, not the switch housing. If you are going to open it up, do that in a controlled area.
The little springs have been known to escape. Once they are free, they never come back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.